Bulfinch Triangle Infill & Small Projects

1628547150345.png

Wow. I can’t figure out their grift. Do they rotate one crew between all their projects? Are they Canada Geese, who migrate south for the winter?

I saw a reddit comment on r/boston in the past month where the commenter asked a construction worker if they were the only one on site and, with a straight face, they said there are 2 other people working on the Beacon St hotel.

Oh man, that site is fascinating. The awful architecture, the bizarrely oversaturated skies on the low-res portfolio photos, the complete and utter lack of information on who exactly runs the thing.

I've been stuck with contractors like this in the past who bite off more than they can chew and have only one crew to hit up multiple sites. Either they burn out or they recognize something's wrong and correct it. My gut tells me it's the former for these guys.

Wow. I can’t figure out their grift. Do they rotate one crew between all their projects? Are they Canada Geese, who migrate south for the winter?
Honestly, I take a peek every time I'm down that way. They had an ex? AERO sweeping wheel loader trying to lower some kind of formwork or material into the basement a month ago. Thing almost tipped in. In very nice terms, it's a zoo over there. Maybe 1-2 guys handling rusty rebar and what not. You can tell an outfit is "quality" when they leave a hardhat on the oxygen/acetylene bottles. Speaking of hardhats ... I've basically only ever seen one individual ever wear one onsite with the exception of any outside personnel.

Cn4xUZ7l.jpg

RXM1Te4l.jpg

PgU6W1Bl.jpg

8/12 ... some sort of prefab steel shoring columns? delivered and installed today.

Bay Crane is going to make a fortune on that single crane rental, if Young sticks to its schedule.
It already took them almost a week to even use the crane at all. If they do stick to their "schedule" ... the rental bill will put the one for the 600 ton at work to shame.

Back