Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) | East Cambridge/Charlestown | Cambridge/Boston

For those of us who can't remember what we had for breakfast, I, for one, appreciate Stick's reminders of what the project is. Many times I have to jump back to page 1 to refresh my memory, and even then, the project goes through many design changes. And forget it when the thread is about a multi-building area project like this thread, Seaport Square and Assembly Square, (worse for me with the small, infill threads like the MIT infill and small projects) I just look at the pretty construction pics waiting for the finished project! ;)

I am not sure if you realize that every time you post multiple renders, you interrupt the thread and often shift conversations to a new page. In this case, the exact same images have been posted by you, twice, on a single page. Please try to exercise some restraint and consideration… It was not too long ago that on here, it was considered bad form to post any images that had already been posted earlier in the thread. There are plenty of cases where words or a link to an image will suffice.

“Everytime I post multiple renders” is usually besides this, the screenshots from the BCDC documents. Its a pain in the ass, but if nobody else rips them I do it to get them up on the site. That way people dont have to go back and forth between multiple sites to see them, and it gets everything in one place.

Anyways sorry for the double post on this page. That being said it only really got in the middle of whether or not this is going to be a dead zone, before its even built. As we learn over and over again theres no way to know until its built. Just like seeing the same render, weve been over that a million times as well.

Last edited:
I don't mind renders being posted. If they were somehow embedded in the first post on the first page it would be different. This thread is already 60 pages long, so if they weren't reposted once in a while it would be a huge pain to even remember what this stuff looks like. Sometimes I have to go back 10-20+ pages to find the renders I'm looking for.

Its all good I know what hes saying here. On that particular post, I could have just linked back to the earlier post. Its no biggie and Ill try to next time.

I agree though the threads do get pretty long so its good to get reminded or try to rip whatever new stuff comes out too. Theres room to do both and keep the discussions flowing.

I generally like them too, truth be told. Thanks

I like them too Stick. Don’t let the feelings of one person affect what you do. I think most of us appreciate your periodic reposting of the project renderings. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

No biggie. In other news Sage theraputics has agreed to lease 350k sf here so the leases are starting to fill in. Its going to be cool to see which companies locate here to see what type of neighborhood this ends up being and what the focus is.

“If a deal is finalized, sources told Bisnow Sage will likely end up at 250 Dawes St., a proposed, 500K SF flexible office and lab building. Work is already underway near the project on a 430K SF science and technology building at 250 North St., which will be the new headquarters for Philips North America. French drug manufacturer Sanofi finalized a deal at the end of 2018 for 900K SF of offices at Cambridge Crossing, the largest single office lease in Greater Boston since Vertex Pharmaceuticals leased 1.1M SF at Fan Pier in 2011.”
https://www.bisnow.com/boston/news/office/exclusive-sage-therapeutics-foundation-medicine-in-talks-for-major-cambridge-crossing-and-seaport-real-estate-deals-98100#ath

E/F Parcels continue to excavate / drive piles

SUDmQpvh.jpg

XjI58T1h.jpg

y2fgFash.jpg

Back