Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) | East Cambridge/Charlestown | Cambridge/Boston

Anyone know offhand what this one’s going to be?
10A38D2C-F244-430C-B6AC-B73C317FAAF0.jpeg

Im reading through the FY22 Somerville tax updates, and it says that the Cambridge Crossing development generated $138M in new property value for Somerville in 2021. Anyone know how CX value is divvied up between Cambridge, Boston, and Somerville?

B557FF3A-DBFD-4CBC-94EA-5DC213CC1CFD.jpeg

I encourage everyone to walk through CX. I found it to be a “unique” hybrid of urban and park And I did find myself thinking that Assembly Row had done a much better job.

Where Assembly has street-level retail, CX has instead street-level residential entrances (front doors on ground level units). But not quite the interest of a street of townhomes.

I couldn’t decide whether I would like it long term, but it was not unpleasant to walk through

Last edited:
I encourage everyone to walk through CX. I found it to be a “unique” hybrid of urban and park And I did find myself thinking that assembly had done a much better job. Where assembly has street level retail CX very often has street level residential entrances (front doors on ground level units)

I couldn’t decide whether I would like it long term but it was not unpleasant to walk through
The park in the middle is nice but it was a ghost town and I suspect it will sorta always be

I've been twice now since the Tatte there is one of the closest to where I live in Medford. It's very hard to get to. I have to drive past it on 93, then go through Leverett Circle and up past the MOS. I've decided that it's not really worth the trip especially given it's half-finished state.

It was decidedly unpleasant when I walked there before in October, but I'm willing to chalk that up to being there at exactly the wrong time of day and year.

I've also hit up that Tatte probably once a month since it opened, also largely for location and vehicular convenience (Blackbird, I usually cut through Charlestown and over the Gilmore bridge), and I'd say that cluster of restaurants seems to have some solid foot traffic already. Add in the labs and apartments finishing up soon and I'd imagine it'll reach a perfectly fine critical mass.

I'll also agree that it's better to walk than I was expecting. But now that there's some form of urbanity going up around the park, I'm not sure how much I like its meander-y nature. It was passable when the northern reaches were a wide open wasteland, but now I'm wishing for something a bit more formal in layout.

vehicular convenience (Blackbird, I usually cut through Charlestown and over the Gilmore bridge)

If you're doing that anyway, why not go to the Tatte at Warren and Henley in Charlestown? Without much traffic, it's a bit slower for me to get there than CX (largely because of Sullivan I think) but it's nice not having to deal with Rt 28.

Back