Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) | East Cambridge/Charlestown | Cambridge/Boston

Doesnt boston sand n gravel have some sweetheart deal in perpetuity on the land there due to the state taking some land for the big dig project?
Yes, they own it. That's the route the trucks leave the yard after being loaded. The turnaround to double back under 93 is maybe a 500ft past that under the Leverett Connector.

In addition, ready mix concrete needs to be prepared at most ~45 minutes away from the job site or it will start to cure and harden inside the truck. This location is pretty much the only feasible place for a concrete plant guaranteed to be within 45 minutes of downtown construction sites during heavy traffic. BS&G will never ever leave that spot.

In addition, ready mix concrete needs to be prepared at most ~45 minutes away from the job site or it will start to cure and harden inside the truck. This location is pretty much the only feasible place for a concrete plant guaranteed to be within 45 minutes of downtown construction sites during heavy traffic. BS&G will never ever leave that spot.

Extremely uninformed question - is it possible that there will be additives in the future that will extend the amount of time for it to start curing in the truck or prevent it altogether during transport? Seems like this is an issue that will only become more acute as cities continue to grow.

I’m sure they were required to put in elevators, but still - props for doing it so well.

4A790E65-048E-47C0-8633-FB771CAEB175.jpeg

I’m sure they were required to put in elevators, but still - props for doing it so well.

A lift to the bridge was part of the early design. DivCo selected internal placement, coupled with greater exposure to the Gilmore Bridge and internal amenities like the new Starbucks, than place them outside. Previously, the cab was installed nearer the bridge and was offline > 50% of the time since opening. Prudential (which owns Twenty|20 and is not part of CX) rarely saw fit to repair the constantly failed mechanicals, just like they never replaced the B P Murphy staircase spent lamps, watered any of the greenery (nearly all of it died), repaired the constantly crumbling steps' concrete, or reburied any of the exposed watering lines for the dead greenery that used to line the building. (They also claim not to need retail in the large, ever empty podium spaces after their failed coffee cart experiment several summers past!)

Indeed: Twenty|20 is "that neighbor", so DivCo's adding the lift inside of their building is a net win for the community.

took the GLX from Union yesterday, It was a beautiful day and CX looked really well as we pulled in to Leechemere. I know it gets a lot of grief for being suburban office park-like but arriving in to the development on an elevated railway to see a mix of building styles and a park in the foreground was very impressive. It's great to get to see the development of the corridor from Leechemere to Union in real time.

took the GLX from Union yesterday, It was a beautiful day and CX looked really well as we pulled in to Leechemere. I know it gets a lot of grief for being suburban office park-like but arriving in to the development on an elevated railway to see a mix of building styles and a park in the foreground was very impressive. It's great to get to see the development of the corridor from Leechemere to Union in real time.

I biked through the area last weekend (Saturday ~ 5PM) it was actually fairly busy. Not packed or anything, but a lot of people out walking their dogs or enjoying the park. Plus a big event at Lamplighter. I think it is turning into a really nice urban space, setting aside the less-than exciting aesthetics of the buildings around it.

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the GLX thread (my best guess is here). These trailers recently appeared next to the new Lechmere station. They seem to contain cut-out segments from the old green line EL structure that was just demolished nearby, albeit they are restored/repainted black. Am I recognizing these correctly? And does anyone know what these are to be used for? My guess/hope is some kind of landscaping in the CX development...

gl-cx-1.jpg

Sorry, I'm a bit late noting that Starbucks opened last week (and soft opened the prior week) in Sanofi's south building (Lot H). It follows the business hours of some 'bucks in the Financial District and is closed on weekends (for now).

Back