52156711702_8e96a8f7a0_b.jpg
IMG_6436[/URL] by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6438 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6440 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6443 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6442 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6445 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_6448 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Cool new perspectives of CX from the GLX. I like how you can see the new State Street building in the first shot. Also, in the bottom picture, in the foreground where the street lamps and Jersey barriers are - is that where the community path will enter CX?

DE643AE7-9F36-48AC-A160-1F5D4A857A8A.jpeg
639AD35E-478F-44FC-BA78-8D1B696E4F79.jpeg

These are great. Still a lot of sites left to build on. Is there anything else under construction besides the U lot?

Parcel R (residential) and Parcel Q2 (office/lab) have been actively going through the city design review/permitting process (both topics at last week's planning board, 7/12). Either/both of those two will be next, and seemingly pretty soon.

The building that housed SavMor Liquors is currently being demolished. Further up the road the only structure left from the old Lechmere Station is the bus barn which is also slated to be torn down very soon. So many years of planning then the old buildings are gone in a few days.

Different species of grass to make a checkerboard? Feels a bit eccentric, but I like it!
This has to be for finished photography, maintaining this is going to be near impossible.

This has to be for finished photography, maintaining this is going to be near impossible.

It's realistic looking synthetic turf (brown tinge and all). I've been there. Meant to be a spot to kick a soccer ball around, etc.

Also note the tall backstop nets on either end of the field. A nice touch so your ball or frisbee doesn't end up in the rail yard.

Different species of grass to make a checkerboard? Feels a bit eccentric, but I like it!
Too late now, but it would've been great to develop some wetlands in a few places in the development. After all, the entire area used to be the Millers River with tidal marshes. The wetlands would have helped with flood management and looked great as well. Some high rises along with that would have been ideal.

Too late now, but it would've been great to develop some wetlands in a few places in the development. After all, the entire area used to be the Millers River with tidal marshes. The wetlands would have helped with flood management and looked great as well. Some high rises along with that would have been ideal.

How is that different from The Common at CX (nee North Point Park)? It's effectively a multi-acre wetland at the heart of the new development that serves to help with flood management, and it does look great in person.

How is that different from The Common at CX (nee North Point Park)? It's effectively a multi-acre wetland at the heart of the new development that serves to help with flood management, and it does look great in person.
You're right. It is a permeable surface and will help with flood control. I guess I had in mind something that would look more like a wetland, with wetland type plants and grasses. No big deal. At least that park area is there.

Back