Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) | East Cambridge/Charlestown | Cambridge/Boston

You're right. It is a permeable surface and will help with flood control. I guess I had in mind something that would look more like a wetland, with wetland type plants and grasses. No big deal. At least that park area is there.
You're in luck. A big portion of the park is marsh complete with grasses, cat o' nine tails, pond scum, and ducks. It's really an amazing development and the park in the middle is world class. I've been having a great time going out in CX lately.

(not my photos)

looks like work on the Parcel I parklet has begun. hopefully Parcels R & Q2 break ground soon.

Site Progress August 2022

1661888182821.png

1661888203802.png

1661888229463.png

1661888249905.png

1661888411503.png

1661888432508.png

1661888446780.png

1661888525752.png

Wish the neighborhood was a little denser and taller but for what it is it could be alot worse and it has a nice unique park in its core and like they say in real state... Location Location Location. You can't beat how close this area is to both the CBD of Boston and Kendall Square.

Bristol Myers Squibb has put up signage on the top of their new building that faces I-93. Bristol Myers Squibb is not open yet but the Sanofi buildings have had some workers for a while. I still do not see any Sanofi signage up on top of their two buildings. Good advertising for all of the people that drive by on I-93.

Maybe it's in another thread that I have not seen, but is there a plan for the old Lechmere triangle shaped site?

Maybe it's in another thread that I have not seen, but is there a plan for the old Lechmere triangle shaped site?

neat link:

Commercial, Residential, and Retail | Cambridge Crossing

can't find one, but the adjacent Parcels R and Q2 are going through the design/review cycle now, so hopefully it (Parcel V) is slated next for development.

Parcel R Design Review

1665172552483.png

Parcel Q2 Wind Study
Parcel Q2 Plans Filed

1665172670914.png

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE - WEEK OF OCTOBER 3, 2022
Parcel V (former Lechmere Station)

• Pedestrian routes have shifted as the walkways have closed at the site. Pedestrians are being directed to the north side of Monsignor O’Brien Highway and to the south side of Cambridge Street via Second or East streets to avoid site construction activities.
  • Excavation and stockpiling will take place on site.
  • Installation of underground utilities is ongoing.
  • A single lane closure will be in place on Monsignor O’Brien highway, near North First Street, for landscaping preparation work.
  • Closure of a single outbound lane on Charlestown Ave will be in place for curb restoration work. This lane closure will switch to the inbound lane in the middle of the week.

Wait.....you mean this ISN'T Route 9 in Framingham???????? Pardon me, but, fuck Cambridge. Those phoney-as-a-3 dollar bill- Liberals greenlit THIS steps away from the new Lechmere Station??????? What a bunch of frauds. "Let's solve the affordable apartments crisis" my ass.

1665615277993.png

Last edited:
The good thing about these cardboard boxes is its just a cheap little placeholder 2 story building. It can be demolished very easily and replaced with something better. Yes it would have been a lot better to be building an apartment building on the property now, but I dont see this lasting long once the neighborhood is built out and people move in.

Back