Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) | East Cambridge/Charlestown | Cambridge/Boston

I don't think the short LHS is Divco's fault. I'm pretty sure that's the zoning for that block. Which raises the question, why the eff hasn't this been upzoned? I'm yet to get a good answer on this. My only guess is that they didn't want shadows on the park, but surely then there was a different configuration they could have done that would have allowed tall buildings and few shadows?

(A late request - is there a possibility to make separate parcel H and parcel G threads? I couldn't find any. Even Q1 or the other parcels could be split. )
Parcel H
20200111_091833.jpg

20200111_091836.jpg

Parcel G
20200111_092223.jpg

20200111_092410.jpg

Parcel Q1
20200111_093016.jpg

Parcel W
20200111_092627.jpg
20200111_092834.jpg

20200111_092912.jpg

20200111_092944.jpg

20200111_092948.jpg
20200111_092952.jpg

20200111_093112.jpg

20200111_093116.jpg

(A late request - is there a possibility to make separate parcel H and parcel G threads? I couldn't find any. Even Q1 or the other parcels could be split. )
Parcel H
View attachment 2632
View attachment 2633

Parcel G
View attachment 2634
View attachment 2635

Parcel Q1
View attachment 2636

Parcel W
View attachment 2637View attachment 2638
View attachment 2639
View attachment 2642
View attachment 2643View attachment 2644
View attachment 2645
View attachment 2646

Yea, go ahead and make em. Throw some pics up to get em going too and Ill add the renders after so theyre on the first page.

(2nd pic down of W)

I know this parcel is close to the Wachusett Line but that ski Lodge is kinda far away from the mountain.

They are nearly finished with/preparing for use a third crane which can overlap work on Lots G & H. I have no new information regarding whether they will use it so, but think I heard that somewhere...

Any visitor to the City would believe that you're passing a prison. What a terrible design that EF Phase 3 is... what a terrible design the whole EF campus is...
Can't argue with you on their new building, but I dig their main building. I also give them a big thumbs up for being the only parcels in that area that built bike lanes completely separated from the street in front of their buildings. The uninterrupted connection that provides from Cambridge<->Charlestown<->North Station is pretty awesome.

Can't argue with you on their new building, but I dig their main building. I also give them a big thumbs up for being the only parcels in that area that built bike lanes completely separated from the street in front of their buildings. The uninterrupted connection that provides from Cambridge<->Charlestown<->North Station is pretty awesome.

When you get up close to the HQ you see that some effort went in, but from a distance (and particularly from the back where you can't see the tear/glass) it looks like a suburban office block.

When you get up close to the HQ you see that some effort went in, but from a distance (and particularly from the back where you can't see the tear/glass) it looks like a suburban office block.
Equilibria - -can we give the readership a brief respite from "suburban office block"
At least around greater Boston -- you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of suburban office blocks taller than 10 stories!

Cambridge has a strong, perhaps obsessive interest in green-ness of all new developments
I suspect that some of the same people who wrote the 25% of the Greenway*1 had to be reserved for parks are working to write the rules for anything built in Cambridge

Where the EF is located being also part of the North Bank Park area -- the CLF probably had a hand in specifying how it connected with the Bridge, etc.

In any event -- you can't blame Cambridge Crossing for EF and vice versa

*1 i.e. CLF and similar folk

Equilibria - -can we give the readership a brief respite from "suburban office block"
At least around greater Boston -- you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of suburban office blocks taller than 10 stories!

As the person who makes that request typically: not in this case. This totally looks like one.

As the person who makes that request typically: not in this case. This totally looks like one.
Equilibria -- once again EF is not part of Cambridge Crossing -- it just happens to be next door
If you want to talk about a major building in Cambridge Crossing -- how about Phillips new HQ & R&D
250_North_Cambridge_Updated.png

2000 people are moving into this building in the coming months -- some from down the street in Cambridge, most from Andover and some from other places in the US

Back