Cambridge Infill and Small Developments

Speaking of whom, I can't help but wonder if the guy is still alive. His architectural firm's website has been dead for over a year now, and his most recent activity on the three haunts of his that I'm aware of--here, WiredNY and Cyburbia--dates to February of this year. Sorry to veer this thread further off-topic, but I can't help wondering.

^^ Here's hoping business is good, or that he's back to teaching, or both.

This is random, but has anyone been by the Novartis site lately? Anything happening there?

136_zps1b6239c2.jpg
138_zpsae9303da.jpg
143_zps6e123dc2.jpg
142_zps39774b67.jpg
140_zpsac846478.jpg
139_zps38a8a5fd.jpg

Building 10
Exterior
Construction is underway to replace the skylight on the Building 10 dome. This work will require the occupation of parking spaces between Building 10 and 12, including the reserved medical and carpool spaces. It will also increase construction vehicular traffic via the Building 35/37 gate off of Vassar Street. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 6AM to 4PM. This project is expected to be completed in December.
[to top]
Building 32 (Stata Center)
Through the end of August, there will be significant construction activity around the Stata Center. The work being done is to correct accelerated aging of the brick exterior of the building due to water intrusion into the brick and mortar.

I bet MIT would like to give Gehry a mason's trowel and put him to work.

...to correct accelerated aging of the brick exterior of the building due to water intrusion into the brick and mortar.

Someone forward this to FailBlog.

I bet MIT would like to give Gehry a mason's trowel and put him to work.

I doubt he'd know what to do with any construction tools. Aalto and Lautner, Gehry's heroes, surely would...

This area could become the gathering spot of Kendell Sq. Nice little Farmers Market in progress yesterday and a lot of cafe's open or planned around the plaza.

Watermark II 9:27

Almost topped off. Walls should be going up soon on the south section of the building. Frams being put in place yesterday.

225 Binney 9:27

Noticed fences have been installed between Cambridge 3 and 5. They were working on the garage side of 5. Looked to be doing some window sealing and some brickwork. This is the area where the bridge to 4 has been proposed. Many of the offices in this area are empty now. Anyone know if the Google Bridge has been approved?

^^^ BeeLine

Work on Google expansion has started. Flower beds are demolished and digging is in progress. Sorry, no pictures....

Is that as tall as the new Watermark is getting? Watching it go up over the summer I was hoping it'd be at least as tall as the older building. Looking kinda stumpy as is.

Back