Cambridge Infill and Small Developments

Is nonstandard window size theatre the new builder's flavor of the month? It would drive me crazy trying to shop for curtains that fit those on the 2nd floor.
I've noticed that many people don't buy curtains or sheers anymore. They use those fancy blinds or somehow are fine with no privacy at all.

Good morning everyone
31DC571E-E9D1-48A0-89E1-2555FBA02E0D.jpeg
38D84139-B780-46C2-830D-4C4F9A6CCEB7.jpeg
490A230B-E61C-4167-A7F2-A26CE27A7E67.jpeg

I'm going to golf-clap when that ugly-ass chimney pour is finally covered over by the final story.

Jeeze, a missed nomination for worst completed development..

Eh, it's not that bad in person. Doesn't fit in Cambridge at all, but that kind of makes it interesting, and the stone facade is nice at street level.

Eh, it's not that bad in person. Doesn't fit in Cambridge at all, but that kind of makes it interesting, and the stone facade is nice at street level.

Agree with the stone. At least when this utterly horrible current cladding trend runs its course, the stone offers a tasteful counterpart to re-match with.

Like a broken record: Obama/Trump-years exterior cladding fads are going to stylistically age about as well as Ford/Carter-years interior faux-wood paneling fads. :poop:

I totally forgot about that building! It's absolutely terrible!

Like a horrid Miami-suburban-Texas developer special. I have very strong feelings about almost all use of stone cladding and I remember it going up a year or so ago. Just some cheap veneer. It looks particularly bad above the lower floor window glazing... Just sort of floating up there. Lacks any attempt at authenticity.

The turquoise color has no connection to anything within the Central Square pallet, let alone the materials.
And those faux glazing areas with the dark panels.... It's so clear those were all glass in the initial design, and then they got VE'd out so they just punch a few in the same space.

Contrast this with the Market Central tower and neighboring redevelopments just down the street from this and the design disparity is clear.

Thanks, Javier. In the first pic, you caught some nice brickwork going up, especially on the top of the building. I like the two tone brick colors as well.

Thanks, Javier. In the first pic, you caught some nice brickwork going up, especially on the top of the building. I like the two tone brick colors as well.

100% agree. The shifted brick depth is a timeless look that's silly-easy to do these days with precast etch cladding. Baffling that we don't see more accents like this in lieu of all the trendy dreck. It meshes with damn near anything and never ever sticks out like sore thumb when tastes change.

Back