Channel Center | Fort Point

7 Channel Center

I perfer the design on the right.To my eye it holds with the warehouse theme while making a modern statement on the skyline. The one on the left is too much of the brick thing. I love brick, but in this area we need a bit of glass.

I do like the Millennium Place 'esque glass on the left one however.

I do like the Millennium Place 'esque glass on the left one however.

That glass is no coincidence either. Handel is the architect for this one and was the architect for Millennium Place (III - Hayward Pl). You'll also recognize Handel from Millennium Tower & the Ritz towers (the original Millennium Place I & II).

Also, this should be split into its own thread and this thread should be renamed to be specific to One Channel Center (as its status is "complete"), with the new thread relating to 7 Channel Center.

Last edited:
I think the glass tower design on the right would allow for better definition of the warehouse scale along the street. The glass tower could provide a nice juxtaposition and if done right could come out pretty nice (think Atlantic Wharf).

I think the glass tower design on the right would allow for better definition of the warehouse scale along the street. The glass tower could provide a nice juxtaposition and if done right could come out pretty nice (think Atlantic Wharf).

Absolutely agree. Old on bottom, new on top.

I'm pretty sure the part with the cornice is the building they are keeping and everything to the left is new

Correct, the part on the right with the cornice is 5 Channel Center. 7 Channel center is currently a three story building, that looks to be in rough shape. It would have been nice if they could have integrated the existing facade some how into the new building.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.345...p-SmmUyb9QfzCFzc1g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

I too, prefer the rendering on the right. I don't really think there is much worth saving on the existing building. Not only is it in rough shape, but it's also not that remarkable.

Absolutely agree. Old on bottom, new on top.

Data -- Succinct and right on target

from the street and nearby its just one of the neighbors -- the glass is just there above the tops of the existing buildings

7 Channel Center

I perfer the design on the right.To my eye it holds with the warehouse theme while making a modern statement on the skyline.
The one on the left is too much of the brick thing. I love brick, but in this area we need a bit of glass.

site; https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...ec93427cd9c5f1!8m2!3d42.3456799!4d-71.0514388

i decided to bump this for the commentary about the 7 Channel Center highrise (above), and refresh for anyone
unfamiliar with this one. So; what the hell happened to this proposal? It's 3 years since the unveiling at the BCDC.
This is a great spot for this quality of added density and residential!

i decided to bump this for the commentary about the 7 Channel Center highrise (above), and refresh for anyone
unfamiliar with this one. So; what the hell happened to this proposal? It's 3 years since the unveiling at the BCDC.
This is a great spot for this quality of added density and residential!

A large cherry picker was in front yesterday, with a couple workers draping black mesh / netting over the top of the facade. Demo prep perhaps?

Perhaps coincidentally, 5 Channel Center sold today for $26 million. That's the six-storey building that was bought and rehabbed a few years back. Buyer is Westbrook Capital. Twitter person says the current tenant will be vacating soon? Fraunhofer? Not sure why they are leaving.

7 Channel Center R&D proposal. Universal Hub article.

7 Channel Center - Notice of Project Change

1664296140500.png

Back