Charlestown Infill and Small Developments

One charlestown meeting tomorrow 6-7:30 at Harvard Kent. Looks like new plans will be presented. Time to open the one thread back up.

Aaand OneCharlestown is back in action! "It’s our intention to try to begin construction in the summer of next year."

https://charlestownbridge.com/2019/...an-comes-in-smaller-as-discussion-begin-anew/

They chopped off 12 stories and 500 units. Anybody have the presentation or visuals?

They did throw in this tidbit "We are looking at re-locating 100 deeply affordable units at, perhaps, the Bunker Hill Community College (parking lots) on Boston Planning and Development Agency (BPDA) owned land.” Pretty valuable property for another mixed income development right next to the CC Orange line stop.

PS- OneCharlestown used to have its own thread until the political swampdonkeys got it locked...

10 WHOLE BIKE PARKING SPOTS!! So... a bike rack? Wouldn't writing "2 minute walk to Sullivan Station" be better?

Architect question - How do you typically handle building so close to another building that clearly was trying to maximize their glazing percentage for residential? Do you just ignore the other building, stagger windows, or leave a mostly blank wall? https://goo.gl/maps/CQsmo91TLLKh5B9Q9

Hooray for boring, slightly ugly development on the urban fringe! If there were 10x more of these projects, the housing market would be in much better shape

Hooray for boring, slightly ugly development on the urban fringe! If there were 10x more of these projects, the housing market would be in much better shape

I believe the redevelopment/addition to that garage is going to be office not residential. But it will make for a much nicer entrance into the Charlestown neighborhood from the north.

From the Tatte Bakery Twitter Account:

I don’t usually announce new location right as we sign the deal but this one is special as we were looking for years! TATTE CHARLESTOWN here we come!👊🏻🙌🏻💃🏼💫✨Thrilled to announce that after years of searching and oh so so many requests from all of you (thank you for that love) we are finally coming to Charlestown! Thank you to those of you who messaged me “go check 40 Warren Street we need you there”! We cannot wait to meet you and the entire Charlestown community. Thank you to Toby Banta and DLJ development for making it happen and choosing Tatte for their development and to Dave Downing who walk this real estate walk with me. See you all in a few short months. #tattecharlstown #boston #bestteam #herewecome #brunchallday #tatte16 #biglove #dreameveryday #40warrenstreet #tatteallday #breakfast #brunch #bakery #coffeeshop #biglove.

Grand Opening of the Graphic brought back the owners of the old milk bottle operation - great little history story in the PB. The fact the Sullivan, being so close to the city, has taken this long to start this transformation is a wonder.

PS - Artist-loft living has changed into itty-bitty living spaces. Too small for me, but these will fill up very quickly.
1571672036510.png

Was it really necessary to change the name of a 12 year old thread?

Homeostasis. And in this case a balance between what is and what is not necessary

Tbh I don't recall what it was named before. We went through and aligned all of the neighborhood threads with common nomenclature. I guess I'd flip your question around and ask if it was necessary to comment on it so long after the change occurred? If you think the site is over-moderated you can give that feedback.

This is silly. Stop.

@Scott, the mods changed neighborhood thread titles after discussing. This was already explained to you. Please do not change them, even if you are the thread creator. Accept it and move on. You’re a long-time member here, no need to pick fights.

Last edited:

Back