Cold Storage Facility Redev | 40 West Commercial Street | Portland

Drove by today and noticed two cranes on site - were those existing or are they new? Maybe it actually happens this time?

9 railcars of steel beams arrived at the Yard 8 intermodal terminal a few days ago as part of this project. Definitely getting underway.

1679095331697.png

How many of these are they going to pile drive? The big delay was the Federal grant (Free Money LOL) for the soil mitigation that held this project up.

How many of these are they going to pile drive? The big delay was the Federal grant (Free Money LOL) for the soil mitigation that held this project up.
I tried looking at the plans in CSS yesterday, but I'll let those of you closer to the building trades interpret them. I was lost.

They could use Lincoln Logs and an Erector Set to build it, just please get it done! * you youngsters may have to google Lincoln Logs and Erector Set * :)

Erector Sets were the best thing ever until Mom vacuumed up all the nuts that had fallen on the floor.

I believe both Lincoln Logs and Tinkertoys were made in Maine at one time. Lincoln logs are a fine Maine product per Wikipedia! Maine kicked a$$ at small wood turnings. (Tinkertoys, assuming they're made in the USA these days, were apparently made in Indiana.)

How was the flight on Breeze?
Very solid experience, small delay on the way out of Portland but we got back early on the way back. Friendly staff, smooth flight, only a little over an hour flight from PWM-ORF! Would recommend for sure. I also got my ticket back when they first started and had some great deals.

So what did you do in my old stomping grounds of Norfolk-Virgnia Beach?

Back