Columbus Ave Student Housing | 10 Burke St | Northeastern University

1618501484091.png

The first floor retail space will be filled this summer. Owner of the new restaurant also owns Darryl's Corner Bar and Kitchen down the block

View attachment 12163

The first floor retail space will be filled this summer. Owner of the new restaurant also owns Darryl's Corner Bar and Kitchen down the block
I know it’s not much, but I’m glad to see some commercial development there on a section of Columbus that has been largely devoid of any commercial businesses for a while now.

I know it’s not much, but I’m glad to see some commercial development there on a section of Columbus that has been largely devoid of any commercial businesses for a while now.
For a while? More like 50 years.

Really like this one, prefer the red cladding up close but enjoy the way the 2 colors play off each other. It's like a Boston meets Miami mashup.

IMG_9719 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_9720 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_9721 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_9730 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_9731 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_9732 by David Z, on Flickr

Awesome work!!! You really captured why I think Columbus Ave is becoming one of the most exciting Boston boulevards to watch grow. This area is just the beginning. It's going to spread.

For a while? More like 50 years.
South end auto parts was pretty good, got a used starter for my Saab fairly cheap and there was an second hand "architectural elements" store that I was able to find a mortice privacy lock for my 1930s bathroom door. I'm glad they were there when I needed them. But besides those two stores, this end of Columbus was basically residential for many years. Bob the Chefs was good too, which is Darrell's now. I believe it was the son that took over Bob's?

The ground floor retail is now open: "The Underground Cafe + Lounge". The Boston Globe did a piece on it, ACC and Northeastern are leasing the space for free to the business to help them get started as part of their programs to 'invest in local minority and women owned businesses'. It sounds like a good program it would be awesome to see it succeed, and I fully expect them to use this as justification in their 840 Columbus filings in the future. https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/09...round-darryls-owner-nia-grace-opens-new-door/

I went by to take some photos and can confirm the coffee is good.

20210924_140201.jpg
20210924_140211.jpg
20210924_140409.jpg

Back