Columbus Center: RIP | Back Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coakley has neither the duty nor the responsibility to enforce FEDERAL campaign financing laws.

No shit, but she does have the right to follow up on criminal activity among our state political leaders. Beacon Hill is a rotting cease pool of political scum these days. Seems that it has been ignored for the last 15 years by our attorney general. I read article about Coakley suing Goldman Sachs for 20 million for mortgage fraud in the state. Why didn't she file criminal charges? I want to see people go to jail.

So let me get this straight. She got 20 Million from Goldman Sachs after the taxpayers bailed them out 90 billion.
(Sounds to me that's called shuffle the taxpayers money around)
The women is a stooge.

This thread is the Jason Voorhees of ArchBoston. It just won't die and every time it comes back it is worse than the last time.

2ch582r.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is the Jason Voorhees of ArchBoston. It just won't die and every time it comes back it is worse than the last time.

I hear ya more like the Freddy Krueger of developments.

Sorry for the hostile post about Coakley, Stellar.

No shit, but she does have the right to follow up on criminal activity among our state political leaders. Beacon Hill is a rotting cease pool of political scum these days. Seems that it has been ignored for the last 15 years by our attorney general. I read article about Coakley suing Goldman Sachs for 20 million for mortgage fraud in the state. Why didn't she file criminal charges? I want to see people go to jail.

So let me get this straight. She got 20 Million from Goldman Sachs after the taxpayers bailed them out 90 billion.
(Sounds to me that's called shuffle the taxpayers money around)
The women is a stooge.

A.) It was the Feds who 'bailed out' Goldman, not the Commonwealth with state taxpayer monies.

B.) Goldman was in for $10 billion, not $90 billion.

C.) The Feds made money off the 'bailout' of Goldman. Goldman paid back the $10 billion last year, plus paid $1.1 billion to buy back the government-owned warrants it gave the Feds in exchange for the $10 billion, plus paid $318 million in preferred dividends to the Feds. The annualized rate of return to the Feds for 'bailing out' Goldman was 23 percent. We should all be able to do so well with our investments.

This does not justify Mr Ed's argument, at all. He was against the project because his view would be affected and because of the public subsidies; I don't remember anything about accusations of payoffs or worse.

First, Mr. Ed is TALKIN bout theplayoffs.
BUT CORUPSION too. COrupsion IS PUBLIC subsedy of CROOK. Ols Uncle say like the BIG BRA stuffers like at CENTREfold LAP dancer diana wilk. WHAt a ViEW in such PhOtos!!!!

So. THIS is the DIALECTICAL process.

A.) It was the Feds who 'bailed out' Goldman, not the Commonwealth with state taxpayer monies.

B.) Goldman was in for $10 billion, not $90 billion.

C.) The Feds made money off the 'bailout' of Goldman. Goldman paid back the $10 billion last year, plus paid $1.1 billion to buy back the government-owned warrants it gave the Feds in exchange for the $10 billion, plus paid $318 million in preferred dividends to the Feds. The annualized rate of return to the Feds for 'bailing out' Goldman was 23 percent. We should all be able to do so well with our investments.

B. You forget the Fed bailed out AIG 100 cents on the dollar which laundered 90 Billion to the bankrupt Goldman Sachs. And where do you think the billions come from the FEDERAL RESERVE which prints currency on the back of the American Taxpayers. Remember the Federal Reserve is a private organization which is not audited by America but owned by foreign investors.

C. You shouldn't really watch the news. The fed probably did make money on the deal because they have been stealing it since Wilson enacted them into power, especially keeping interest rates at zero percent which effects the buying power for the working class. But that is whole other story.

My point was why would our Attorney General sue Goldman Sachs for money after the Govt issued bailout money to the banks on the taxpayers shoulders. If anything file Criminal charges against the people that created the mortagage fraud.

Martha Coakley is completely INEPT to reality.

PaulC, how is this any different than John Rosenthal (if any)? He's done few big developments but is now ready to build multi-million (billion?) project in The Fenway?

I've also been intending to post the same thing to that thread. Rosenthal is also connected and has been caught over charging on his 40b projects. He has done nothing to make me think he can pull off this big a project. He won the right to the parcels across the street and has done nothing and yet he was then given this parcel. Now he has the turnpike parcel that's almost all on solid ground and I believe the state/T will be paying for the hard sections. Any one want to guess why he was the only bidder on this parcel?

B. You forget the Fed bailed out AIG 100 cents on the dollar which laundered 90 Billion to the bankrupt Goldman Sachs. And where do you think the billions come from the FEDERAL RESERVE which prints currency on the back of the American Taxpayers. Remember the Federal Reserve is a private organization which is not audited by America but owned by foreign investors.

C. You shouldn't really watch the news. The fed probably did make money on the deal because they have been stealing it since Wilson enacted them into power, especially keeping interest rates at zero percent which effects the buying power for the working class. But that is whole other story.

My point was why would our Attorney General sue Goldman Sachs for money after the Govt issued bailout money to the banks on the taxpayers shoulders. If anything file Criminal charges against the people that created the mortagage fraud.

Martha Coakley is completely INEPT to reality.
No, I didn't forget about AIG.

AIG has been paying the government back on its bailout money too. AIG stock this afternoon is $36 and change. The Feds own 80 percent of AIG. I expect AIG will be able to pay pack most of the bailout; not yet about to say it will pay back all of it at this point.

I know you dislike fractional banking. What do you think of a memorial to Sacco and Vanzetti on the Greenway? A plaque to Galleani? Maybe, Chiofaro can erect such for fellow paisans as public art next to his Arch.

No, I didn't forget about AIG.

AIG has been paying the government back on its bailout money too. AIG stock this afternoon is $36 and change. The Feds own 80 percent of AIG. I expect AIG will be able to pay pack most of the bailout; not yet about to say it will pay back all of it at this point.

I know you dislike fractional banking. What do you think of a memorial to Sacco and Vanzetti on the Greenway? A plaque to Galleani? Maybe, Chiofaro can erect such for fellow paisans as public art next to his Arch.

Actually what was the cost of the Fed stepping over their boundaries owning 80percent of AIG? Possibly Capitalism

Instead of the taxpayers bailing out the losers at AIG which I still hear that they have 200 Trillion in deriatives ready to explode anyway. Whatever happened to the good old Bankrutpcy laws. File Bankrutpcy and restructure the company with new financing or completely liquidate assets to the highest bidder? I guess those rules don't apply to Bankers who don't know how to do their Due Diligence.

I guess congress forgot those rules don't apply to the bankers since Bush signed into law in 2005 the New Bankruptcy rules against the middle class in which they are forced to file Chap 11 over Chap 7. I actually remember when Bush was signing the law, he claimed that Americans need to take responsibility with their finances. LOL

I actually have not gone to the Greenway in the while. I keep hearing about the 50ft Hammock. I will probably go down their next summer.

Last edited:
50ft Hammock

The more I think about it, the more I realize what this is: a classic American roadside attraction. Googie street furniture.

fortean_times_1390_7.jpg

Home / Real estate / Real Estate News Around the region

State to aid Fenway Center project
By Casey Ross
Globe Staff / October 16, 2009
E-mail this article To: Invalid E-mail address Add a personal message:(80 character limit) Your E-mail: Invalid E-mail address
Sending your articleYour article has been sent. E-mail| Print| Reprints| Yahoo! Buzz| ShareThisText size ? + Governor Deval Patrick?s administration has agreed to absorb up to $65 million in costs to expedite construction of a $500 million complex of residences, stores, and offices near Fenway Park. The arrangement announced yesterday will allow developer John Rosenthal to begin construction next summer on Fenway Center, which includes four buildings, a parking garage, and a revamped commuter rail station between Brookline Avenue and Beacon Street.

The Patrick administration has agreed to foot part of the bill for a particularly expensive component of the plan: building over the Massachusetts Turnpike. The state will give Rosenthal a rent credit of up to $65 million to compensate for the extra cost of building over the turnpike. That money will be deducted from lease payments Rosenthal will make over the course of a 99-year lease with the state.

http://www.boston.com/realestate/news/articles/2009/10/16/state_to_aid_fenway_center_project/

So what I am learning is just pay off our POLITICANS and they will hook you up with Taxpayers money to help create jobs. This is joke.

Tell Rosenthal to use his own fucking money. Risk versus reward.

Rosenthal just another pussy that will go down as another sneaky slimy developer.

I would love to see this guy life style. Probably lives in Weston driving a Rolls but needs taxpayers funds to get his project started. Good luck America.

Ned Flaherty post on Boston Globe

"NedFlaherty wrote:
The state has never published:

● independent, professional, fair-market-value property appraisal;
● comparison of this deal vs. a non-subsidized, fair-market-value deal;
● evidence of the actual tunnel/deck construction cost;
● the premium or savings of air-based vs. land-based development;
● independent audit of costs, revenues, profits, and subsidies using government accounting standards.

Without the above facts, any discussion of subsidies is premature and unjustified, because there is no way to know who benefits, by how much, or when.
10/18/2009 9:28 PM EDT Recommend Report abuse"

All we need is ShirleyKressel

Pa. firm may be part of Winn probe
Taylor Consulting helps Boston companies cut utility bills

BY: Paul McMorrow
September 02, 2010
The Pennsylvania-based administrator of a program that helps Boston businesses lower their gas and electric utility bills appears to be one of three conduits through which a Boston development executive funneled illegal campaign donations to Bay State politicians.

On Monday, the US Attorney?s office alleged Martin Raffol, an executive with the WinnCompanies, had illegally steered $12,000 to US Reps. Steven Lynch, William Delahunt, Barney Frank and Michael Capuano. Federal prosecutors also said Raffol contributed another $32,000 in illicit campaign donations to various state and local candidates.

In a public filing, prosecutors alleged Raffol pressured three unidentified Winn vendors to contribute to politicians who could advance Winn?s business interests on the federal, state and local levels; Raffol then reimbursed those vendors for their contributions through falsely inflated contracts, prosecutors said.

The federal complaint describes the Winn vendors as a general contractor, an energy services contractor, and a security firm. It lists a $1,000 contribution to Lynch from a ?utility management? firm on May 15, 2008, and details an additional $4,000 in campaign contributions from that firm to candidates for state senator, state representative, mayor of Boston, and Boston City Council.

All campaign donations to federal, state, and municipal candidates are maintained in public databases. The only energy contractor whose donations match those outlined by the US Attorney?s office is Taylor Consulting & Contracting, a utility contractor based near Scranton, Pennsylvania.

In 2008, Boston's Department of Neighborhood Development tapped Taylor to head Boston Buying Power, a bulk-utility purchasing program for the city's small businesses. The program currently manages utility contracts for 1,300 Boston-based businesses, a DND spokeswoman said. The spokeswoman said the program has saved the businesses more than $2 million and no public funds have been used.

Data from the Massachusetts Office of Campaign and Political Finance shows $4,000 in donations from Taylor?s chief operating officer, Scott Stiner, to Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, Boston City Councilor Stephen Murphy, State Sens. Brian Joyce and Dianne Wilkerson, Lt. Gov. Timothy Murray, and state treasurer candidate Steven Grossman. The Federal Election Commission?s database lists a $1,000 donation from Stiner to Lynch on May 15, 2008.

FEC data shows an additional $3,400 in donations to Lynch, Frank, and Capuano.

Why the $3,400 in contributions to Lynch, Frank, and Capuano were not included in the federal filing is unclear, but legal observers said investigators may not have established a paper trail for Winn reimbursements to the company for those donations.

Federal officials have said Lynch, Frank, Capuano, and Delahunt are not targets of the investigation, which began with allegations of corruption against Wilkerson.

Taylor may be based in Pennsylvania, but the bulk of its campaign finance activity has centered on the Bay State. Of $8,050 in federal contributions Taylor employees have made since 2008, just $750 went to candidates in the firm?s home state; the rest went to Capuano, Frank and Lynch. Neither Stiner nor any other Taylor employee has given to statewide candidates in Pennsylvania, that state?s campaign finance records show.

Stiner did not return repeated calls for comment.

The federal complaint said Raffol reimbursed the energy services company by inflating fees paid to it by publicly-subsidized housing communities that Winn managed. The complaint said Winn managed publicly-subsidized housing communities in Dorchester and Roxbury.

Alan Eisner, a Winn spokesman, said Winn ?will not be renewing any contracts with any vendor cited in the US Attorney?s investigation.?

The Boston Globe reported today that Michael A. Travers, who operates Nightingale Construction Co. in Weymouth, may be one of the other Winn vendors who participated in the illegal campaign contribution scheme.

Federal prosecutors brought forth the allegations in an informational filing, indicating that their investigation is ongoing. Eisner said no other Winn employees are targets of the investigation.

Taylor?s involvement with the burgeoning Winn scandal could shine unwanted attention on City Hall, which has attempted to distance itself from Wilkerson, a one-time political ally.

The former state senator?s indictment detailed recorded conversations in which Wilkerson bragged of cracking knees, twisting arms, and ?beating people up? to steer a city liquor license to an FBI cooperating witness, who was plying Wilkerson with cash payments. Secret FBI recordings captured Wilkerson saying she had been ?calling in chits with the mayor,? and that a mayoral aide was helping her obtain a license for the cooperating witness. That aide was later identified as Michael Kineavy, one of Menino?s top operatives.

http://www.commonwealthmagazine.org...Summer/Pa-firm-may-be-part-of-Winn-probe.aspx

now you know why Michael Kineavy deleted the emails from city hall.

Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure this shit out.

Attorney General Martha Coakley clears Michael Kineavy in e-mail flap
Mayor Tom Menino critics see politics playing role in decision
By Richard Weir
Friday, July 30, 2010 - Updated 1 month ago
Richard Weir is the Herald's new "T" beat reporter, covering a subway and bus system that moves 1.3 million people every day and is the lifeblood of the city. He has worked as the Herald's City Hall bureau chief and an investigative reporter, breaking stories on government waste and public corruption.
Mayor Thomas M. Menino?s former rivals yesterday ripped state Attorney General Martha Coakley?s decision to clear top mayoral aide Michael Kineavy of any criminal wrongdoing over his purging of thousands City Hall e-mails.

? ?Hear no evil. See no evil. Speak no evil.? That ought to be the Massachusetts Democratic Party?s motto,? said Kevin McCrea, who challenged Menino in 2009. ?This is why Scott Brown won and Martha Coakley lost.?

Ha. If "Houghton Pond" Joyce is involved its got to be rotten.

This sums up the planning and processing with the BRA.

Real estate exec pleads guilty in campaign cash racket
By Jessica Van Sack
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 -

E-mail Print (5) Comments Text size Share Buzz up!A prominent Hub realty executive pleaded guilty in federal court today to illegally siphoning more than $42,000 in campaign contributions to a heap of local and national candidates.

Martin Raffol, 54, of Natick, a former executive vice president of the Columbus Center developer WinnCompanies, faces up to 25 years in prison and a total of $500,000 in fines for a charge of making false statements and witness tampering for allegedly instructing a cooperating witness to lie. Sentencing was set for Dec. 8.

Raffol, who was designated by his superiors to raise money for politicians, designed a scheme in which he reimbursed WinnCompanies contract vendors for their campaign contributions.

The FBI came across Raffol during the bribery investigation into disgraced former state Sen. Dianne Wilkerson, authorities said.

He funneled more than $12,000 in illegal contributions to federal candidates including congressmen Barney Frank, William Delahunt and Steve Lynch. Raffol channeled more than $30,000 to local pols including Gov. Deval Patrick, Secretary of State William Galvin, Mayor Thomas M. Menino and Wilkerson. None of the politicans were aware of the scheme, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors alleged that Raffol was directed to solicit contributions from contractors in order to curry favor for projects, including the efforts to win public subsidies for the defunct Columbus Center development.

In a lengthy statement, Raffol?s attorney Douglas S. Brooks said his client was under intensifying pressure to raise money for candidates, and was told he could lose his job if he failed to fundraise.

?Over time, the amount and frequency of the required fund-raising escalated exponentially,? Brooks said. ?Certain vendors simply couldn?t afford it anymore. So Marty was stuck in an impossible situation between being ordered to raise vast amounts of money, and vendors telling him they couldn?t afford it.?

WinnCompanies said in a statement it is ?extremely troubled and saddened? by the situation and the company has taken steps to prevent similar misconduct. ?As stated previously, neither WinnCompanies nor any of its executives was aware of, or authorized, Mr. Raffol?s illegal activities.?

Statement from WinnCompanies:
+ Statement from WinnCompanies(5) Comments | Post / Read Comments
Next Article in Real Estate:

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/view.bg?articleid=1281359

Jesus, is there a development thread on here that hasn't become a chronicle of political namecalling, corruption scandals, lawsuits, or criminal trials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back