Commonwealth Avenue Improvement Project

This is how bike lane planning in the 2000s is. Maybe in 15 years Boston will see something like this.

0711-web-metBROADWAYmap.jpg

9th Avenue

9th-avenue-bike-lane-manhattan-lookingsouth-1122008.JPG

The road's been paved, and the greenery's looking good.

img5144ft2.jpg

I cannot wait for the day when all those trees mature. It will truly be European Imperial then (or at least as good as Beacon St.)

I'm particularly happy they decided to use the slow-water bags on the trees. I'm seeing mature trees stressing right now with the heat and no rain, so it's doubly important for new-planted trees to have water. Good move by whomever handled the landscaping bid.

My wife and I live in Kenmore Square. The BU improvements are absolutely stunning.

Like it would be better suited to Atlanta's climate than Boston.

It's sunny, 98 degrees and humid...can't imagine standing under a glass dome sort of thing in the blazing sun! Maybe Seattle might just be the place for it. Lots of light rain, not too hot, not freezing cold either.

Getting ready for striping.

img6103hi4.jpg

A few from last week, showing the work/mess in Kenmore

img5528yw0.jpg

img5529yc6.jpg

img5534hk4.jpg

img5536jv1.jpg

And back to today

img6105ck3.jpg

img6107mh7.jpg

Thanks for the photos. It looks better. But boy, that Hotel Commonwealth and Warren Towers are really awful!

Thanks for the photos. It looks better. But boy, that Hotel Commonwealth and Warren Towers are really awful!

Man, people bitch bitch bitch about the Hotel Commonwealth, but it certainly did exactly what the city hoped it would do. Eastern Standard is probably the hottest spot in the city right now.

^^^^ Hahahaha!
P.S. The Rat was pretty hot, if you liked great music and cheap beer. And I do. And it didn't suck!

According to B.S. the bar in the Liberty Hotel is the hottest place in the city these days. I'm sure Toby and his snout for alcohol knows which is the best.

P.S. The Rat was pretty hot, if you liked great music and cheap beer.

The music didn't suck either: first place The Police played in the States; first place The Pixies EVER played.

It sickens me to know that it's been replaced by The Hotel Carbuncle.

According to B.S. the bar in the Liberty Hotel is the hottest place in the city these days. I'm sure Toby and his snout for alcohol knows which is the best.

Woof! Poseur bar for poseur building.

(India Quality a few doors down has great food!)

India Quality? Man, I always new you had good taste. Ever been to the Lower Depths next door in the old Deli Haus? Excellent beer selection (also 40s in brown bags). As for ES vs Liberty, I think Liberty wins out... not that I can stand to be there for too long.

I'm not familiar with Eastern Standard. What sort of bands typically play there?

Back