Copley Place Expansion and Tower | Back Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Francisco is GAY. Boston is gay too but a more sophisticated ivy league gay while San Francisco is just a flamboyant gay. When I meet fellow cock suckers in San Francisco I know they're gay. In Boston it's harder to tell.

I'm still hoping that the phallic glass office tower gets built at this site. It's a gem and I'd love to ride those elevators. I love how they didn't circumsize the top and gave it an actual crown.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-15%20at%202.09.48%20PM.png

^Hah. Love that you're keeping those magnificent posts for when I decide to come to my senses and delete them. (Which will never happen ;))

hahahahaha! Thanks Stick for putting ty's comments in perspective! Ty, your post about SF gays...I burst out laughing! And the second one about riding those elevators...etc! LOL Lighten up everyone, it's Halloween!! Time for a Tito's and tonic! Cheers and Happy Halloween, y'all!

^Hah. Love that you're keeping those magnificent posts for when I decide to come to my senses and delete them. (Which will never happen ;))

Im not keeping shit you just posted that in a different thread like an hr ago. Im pretty sure u were jabbing odurandia anyways.

hahahahaha! Thanks Stick for putting ty's comments in perspective! Ty, your post about SF gays...I burst out laughing! And the second one about riding those elevators...etc! LOL Lighten up everyone, it's Halloween!! Time for a Tito's and tonic! Cheers and Happy Halloween, y'all!

Since this thread is already way the heck off-topic, I'll chime in.

I find the "LOL Lighten up everyone" to be a tad peremptory. These posts should be met with a collective: "WTF?". I'm mainly a lurker here, but I'm only chiming in to ask everyone to really examine if they need to vomit out their gauche attempts at humor.

I'm guilty of the occasional conversational asides myself, as my post history will attest, but I am finding the last few months of board posting to be turning what is a great _informative_ community into a locker room.

I'm being careful here, because I never liked anyone shushing me, or complaining about potty-mouths, but the crassness here is getting weird and off-putting.

I would hope everyone's #1 thought before posting here is "am I adding to the conversation in such a way that dozen of consistent posters, and hundreds (maybe more?) of lurkers, would find meaningful/useful/informative?" No wonder boardops have had to lock certain threads.

Since, I'm not practicing what I'm preaching with this very post, I'll stop now.

happy halloween you weirdos

Im not keeping shit you just posted that in a different thread like an hr ago. Im pretty sure u were jabbing odurandia anyways.

Haha yah, that was the original intent. I got a little carried away though.

And Paco, today we went a little crazy. However i'd say that most of the posters on here are informative and today was more of the exception than the norm (well except for the height fetishes and the constant complaining about NIMBY's).

In reality this forum is a billion times better than it ever was. The only thing is its not better because of the forum at all its because of Boston. The forum is worse because you have to sift through tons of shit but theres 100x more shit to find than there ever was because of the construction boom. Its a weird dynamic, but it is what it is at this point.

I kind of agree, but I always put Philly as kind of a mix of say the DC style of architecture/streets vs more northern city styles found in Boston/NYC/Providence/etc. Either way I really do like/enjoy Philly - its a pretty neat city to visit.

People that find Philly beautiful tend not to have left Center City. Most of the rowhouse streets are barren, crumbling, devoid of trees, and shoddily constructed in a way that makes one long for triple deckers.

People that find Philly beautiful tend not to have left Center City. Most of the rowhouse streets are barren, crumbling, devoid of trees, and shoddily constructed in a way that makes one long for triple deckers.

Yeah. Anyone ever take the patco through Camden NJ? Or Amtrak through the outskirts of Philly to the North? Literally crumbling. It makes me really sad every time because there appears to be people actually living/squatting in these obviously unsafe buildings.

Yup philly is a dirty slum...the ride in from the airport is enough to make you depressed...a lot of billowing smoke out of rusty smoke stacks. Boston is much nicer. Btw - this project is dead. No more posts until someone else takes over this project.

Sorry to bring back the dead, but were we not also tracking the refurbishment of the rest of the mall in this thread? Things seem to be moving at a much slower pace with regards to all the sprucing up that was happening previously. The whole in the middle of the mall where the planters used to be is getting bigger every night, so I guess they are still doing something.

^It is still an active site. Also... this is a discussion forum, not just a strict series of updates-only posts. Anyone can post anything about a project at anytime... although they should be aware that people might upset if they "bump" a long-dead thread for no reason other than discussion. This project is still very much fair game either way.

While the market continues to suck up luxury housing units into it's giant straw for the next 10-15 years – Simon will eventually figure out that it's far better to have a huge part of a pallet of cash than the whole part of nothing.

such a shame the nimbys fought this for years or it may have been built already.

Seems like they're going to cover the water section in the mall...
Pj4RwR

https://flic.kr/p/Pj4RwR

The waterfall rock sculpture was presented with great fanfare when the mall first opened. At that point the water flowed from the very top and created quite a noise as it hit the pool below. They've already eliminated the "stream" that once meandered. And when Simon took over they kept a guard at the waterfall, I suppose for liability issues of people drowning (?) in the pool, or playing in it. I wouldn't be surprised if they took down the entire water feature and replaced it with a retail kiosk. Space is money for Simon. I wish there were renderings of what the mall interior will finally look like....it's always been too dark and gloomy for my tastes, and now it just seems dated.

The waterfall rock sculpture was presented with great fanfare when the mall first opened. At that point the water flowed from the very top and created quite a noise as it hit the pool below. They've already eliminated the "stream" that once meandered. And when Simon took over they kept a guard at the waterfall, I suppose for liability issues of people drowning (?) in the pool, or playing in it. I wouldn't be surprised if they took down the entire water feature and replaced it with a retail kiosk. Space is money for Simon. I wish there were renderings of what the mall interior will finally look like....it's always been too dark and gloomy for my tastes, and now it just seems dated.

Actually, I think they've done a lot of interior renovation already--things seem much brighter, lots of white-on-white. I really hope the waterfall is dismantled--very 80s vibe and not a good 80s vibe.

i always liked the "vibe" in there. i guess it was '80s, but (to me, anyway) in a perfectly fine way. i mean, the BPL has a very "mid-19th century vibe" and that's absolutely fine. why try and whitewash over the vibe of a building constructed in the 1980s? i dont get it

Actually, I think they've done a lot of interior renovation already--things seem much brighter, lots of white-on-white. I really hope the waterfall is dismantled--very 80s vibe and not a good 80s vibe.

I was glad when they removed the waterfalls at the Copley Sq escalators years ago -- it always smelled like a filthy fish tank over there. Like so many things, it was nice when it first opened but it didn't really work long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back