Copley Place Expansion and Tower | Back Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
SROs are not allowed anymore if I recall correctly. Another example of zoning limitations that limits a true market and artificially increases housing costs.

1047 Comm Ave made it through as an SRO. Although it was originally approved as a dorm and only became SRO through a notice of project change.

Isn't the solution more rapid transit to lower priced satellite cities?

This is listed on BU's web site as university housing.

1047 Comm Ave is temporarily being rented by BU during the renovations of Myles Standish. When it was approved, it had nothing to do with BU.

Two questions. Now that the tower has been basically approved and shelved, can I dream and ask what would stop the owners from proposing to add 300 feet (roughly) to the Westin while also reclading it and combining that with project? The resulting building, (One Copley) could be absolutely stunning. The real question though, and this is the reason I posted is this; what the heck is that low droning horn noise that pervades that intersection of Dartmouth and Stuart St.? I have lived in the neighborhood for more than a decade and not only do I not know WHAT it is, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out even WHERE it is coming from. Short of talking to an engineer from the MBTA I figure this is the place to ask.

Two questions. Now that the tower has been basically approved and shelved, can I dream and ask what would stop the owners from proposing to add 300 feet (roughly) to the Westin while also reclading it and combining that with project? The resulting building, (One Copley) could be absolutely stunning. The real question though, and this is the reason I posted is this; what the heck is that low droning horn noise that pervades that intersection of Dartmouth and Stuart St.? I have lived in the neighborhood for more than a decade and not only do I not know WHAT it is, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out even WHERE it is coming from. Short of talking to an engineer from the MBTA I figure this is the place to ask.
(1) no, they can’t do that they don’t own the Westin nor is there enough demand driver in the area for a hotel that large (especially if the Hynes goes away)

(2) the noise is in your head

The real question though, and this is the reason I posted is this; what the heck is that low droning horn noise that pervades that intersection of Dartmouth and Stuart St.?

like.... r u fuggn srs bro lol

Reviving threads without news is obviously frowned upon, and should be done in the "What's Happening with Project X" thread at the top of the projects page.

Reviving THIS PARTICULAR thread without news, 2 years down the line, is pretty much the faux pas of the century here! I'm going to follow Czervik's lead and, as penance, this will be my excuse to finally drop those final 10 (errrrrr... 25) stubborn pounds I have been carrying around.

So with that, thank you Cortes, for forcing me to reevaluate my life before it's too late.

COPLEY TOWER
COLUMBUS CTR
BOYLSTON SQ
1000 BOYLSTON
HAHAHA​

epitaph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back