Crane Pix Past and Present

Wow... love you caught the balance beam act 650 feet up! No thanks!

A bigger fact is that the wind was gusting up to 25 knots that day. Agree, No Thanks!!

If you look closely, you can see not only the balancing act but also all the construction workers in the windows

My all time favorite crane (do I have another favorite though the container cranes at the Port of Miami are lit up with festive lighting which is awesome http://luxpopuli.com/New/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/miami-view-with-cranes.jpg ) was the crane that glowed after dark for all of us to see atop 1 Dalton! So beautiful at night, it grabbed our attention, focused us on this new emerging tower! I so wish other construction companies would do the same with their cranes. Imagine the Seaport if all their cranes were lit up in color. Such a sight it would be!

What are the white objects on the cranes?

Not sure, but in the past I have seen them used to advertise the crane rental company or the projects General Contractor. With the recent high winds I would suspect they would be a danger to the crane operator. Could they be some kind of locator device?

Back