Design a Better Lot

bigeman312

Reaction score
90% of the Huntington/South Huntington problem would be eliminated if street parking were eliminated.
It would help, but 90% is a huge exaggeration. The left turn from South Huntington to Huntington on the trolley tracks is a huge percentage of the problem. Stand there for an hour and count how many times a left turning car is waiting at a red light, blocking a southbound trolley, with nowhere to go but into the intersection. That’s a major source of gridlock right there, with or without street parking.

Siobhán

Reaction score
Whenever I walk to or from the 39 I think that the MSPCA could probably do without the parking lot along Perkins Street.

The 7-11 and Gas Station in Hyde Square are also taking up decent locations, particularly if the E gets extended down here. Though to be fair there isn't a gas station in the city that isn't sitting on a lot too good for a gas station.

HenryAlan

Reaction score
Whenever I walk to or from the 39 I think that the MSPCA could probably do without the parking lot along Perkins Street.

The 7-11 and Gas Station in Hyde Square are also taking up decent locations, particularly if the E gets extended down here. Though to be fair there isn't a gas station in the city that isn't sitting on a lot too good for a gas station.
There used to be a building in that location (just behind the wall), occupied by the World Society for Protection of Animals. I spent a Summer working there and I know the building was in bad shape, but I'm not sure what led to the demolition decision. At any rate, I bet the MSPCA could make a good chunk of change re-developing that corner.