Development Map and Chart

BostonUrbEx

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has made anything similar, but I thought it might be a good idea? :confused:

Fuschia: Dead
Red: Proposed
Yellow: Permitted
Green: Construction
Blue: Recently Completed

http://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217656314107067401485.0004a9eb9c78b6155d465&msa=0

And I'll have a thread link in the description for each one.

Mod Edit: Here is the FAA Airspace Map. If anyone knows of an better/updated one let me know.
funvKjY.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Development Map

Awesome idea. BRA does have a similar map on their website worth looking at, but yours is more honest, updated, relevant and helpful for the forum. Thanks!

Thank you & you're welcome, good sir.

Updated with links to most of the topics.

If anyone sees anything wrong, let me know. Also considering changing Filene's from proposed to dead, but it would pain me to see it at the same status as Columbus Center.

This is nice. Making the links to aB clickable would be helpful, but I understand that's a bit more work.

I forgot HTML works on G Maps; everything should now be clickable.

Jacob Wirth and Pier 4 added as proposed projects.

sry my phone posted it twice.

Holy frick, that is awful. Value engineering at its finest. That just ruined my night.

Weve been discussing it on this forum for well over a year. Maybe 3 years even.

Sure -- but they are now doiing site work and preparing to actively start to buld it -- it will be a 1 M Sq ft project on 7/8 levels probably Big Crane country

BostonUrbEx**, make sure to add the YMCA dorm project, Berklee dorm project, and New England Conservatory dorm projects to your development map. YMCA dorm will be breaking ground any week now.

Datadyne, make sure to add the YMCA dorm project, Berklee dorm project, and New England Conservatory dorm projects to your development map. YMCA dorm will be breaking ground any week now.

That's UrbEx, not me!

Also, Longwood Center (Joslin) should be added too. That project has just been sitting fenced off for a while.

Added YMCA Northeastern Dorm, I don't know where the other two are? Nor how far along they are in their processes.

Holy frick, that is awful. Value engineering at its finest. That just ruined my night.

I actually work for hertz. They are building this right on our lot. They have poured the foundations for our new quick turn facility (where we clean cars) and temporary reception/office building.

Not to defend it at all, but it should be value engineered. It's a garage in the middle of no where paid for by the taxpayers. I highly doubt 99.9% of MA citizens will ever even see this project.

If anyone has any questions about this project ask away!

I have to agree. It's worthwhile to beautify an airport terminal building, where people may be spending several hours, but not a rental car facility.

Added YMCA Northeastern Dorm, I don't know where the other two are? Nor how far along they are in their processes.

The Berklee dorm will be at the corner of Mass Ave. and Belvidere Street. They closed the commercial establishments that leased the building that Berklee plans to knock down. The project has been approved, should break ground for construction in the next couple months, and (if I remember correctly) is targeting a Fall 2013 opening:

http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=1303&page=12

I have to agree. It's worthwhile to beautify an airport terminal building, where people may be spending several hours, but not a rental car facility.

Note that paeking lots (that's the essesnse of a traditional rental car faciity) are a bad way to use land at an airport which has no spare land

Secondly since it is consolidated -- that means the multiplicity of endleslessly circulating rental car buses will be replaced by one endlesssly circulating rental car bus -- freeing up more space for othe buses

Third -- Massport is paid for by the users -- there is no direct pipeline from the taxpayer's pocket to Logan -- paid by:
a) landing fees -- so your ticket if you fly'
b) parking fees -- so your parking fee if you fly
c) rental car fees -- your rental car
d) concession fees -- your food, drink and trinkets

None of these impact the taxpayer unless the taxpayer is also a flyer

The one unkown -- I'm not sure who pays for the State Poice detachment at Logan

Back