Dorchester Bay City (nee Bayside Expo Ctr.) | Columbia Point

But again, even if you make across the expressways alive there’s no mass transit there. So what good does it do anyone?
Let's try a different take:

A currently flood prone neighborhood that is having major flood mitigation measures added as part of its development.

Access to a rail transit hub via an existing (well used) underpass under the expressway. Transit that we do hope is being fixed.

A currently flood prone neighborhood that is having major flood mitigation measures added as part of its development.

Access to a rail transit hub via an existing (well used) underpass under the expressway. Transit that we do hope is being fixed.
You can hope the red line gets fixed in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets filled quicker.

This project is not a new neighborhood, it’s a new office park for metrowest and south shore car commuters.

This project is not a new neighborhood, it’s a new office park for metrowest and south shore car commuters.

There is some housing. OK, so it won't be cheap (the next door Harbor Point Apartments starts at $2595, for a 1 bdr, and this will def be decently more than that) but you would be adding another 1900 units in theory.

Maybe some people who live there (or live at Harbor Point) will get a job at the offices and save them a trip.

If there's anything to be cynical about, it's more how much of this project will actually get built.

But again, even if you make across the expressways alive there’s no mass transit there. So what good does it do anyone?
I'm confused. Are you trying to make an MBTA service level joke? I use the red line through here daily. It's honestly not that bad.

I'm confused. Are you trying to make an MBTA service level joke? I use the red line through here daily. It's honestly not that bad.

Between Kendall and SS there is only one real bad slow zone - NB between Park and MGH... where it takes 2 minutes instead of 1. That's probably why.

I’m actually not miserable because I don’t live next to a log flume ride that some people insist is mass transit.
Wow you quadrupled down on your take, impressive. I dont disagree but when you let massive developments that hang their hats on public transportation completely skate and not pay their fair share to keep the system functioning, well this is the system you get.

And not to forget, the Expressway is actually on the other side of the station from the location for Dot Bay City, unless we are to accept the assertion that Morissey Blvd is an expressway. Which yeah, maybe, but at the same time, there are facilities for crossing as a pedestrian, and traffic calming measures coming as part of this development.

And not to forget, the Expressway is actually on the other side of the station from the location for Dot Bay City, unless we are to accept the assertion that Morissey Blvd is an expressway. Which yeah, maybe, but at the same time, there are facilities for crossing as a pedestrian, and traffic calming measures coming as part of this development.

Within a few years, Morissey will be a canal.

I don't think that there is a definition of "expressway" that does not include Morrissey Boulevard.

For this very reason, I'd say that the best and highest use of this land would be to turn it into the marshy swampland it once was.
I hope large new developments don't get shut down unilaterally because of climate change. I think mitigation would be a better course, such as setting aside areas of the development for wetlands, to help absorb storm surges.

Commentary: Diverse real estate development teams drive equity​

1698956276732.png

“The comprehensive nature of the Dorchester Bay City project exemplifies a commitment to equity and inclusivity across various aspects of development. Beyond housing and job creation, the project provides access for communities of color and drives economic empowerment, fuels innovation, expands market reach, stimulates job creation, promotes representation, and works towards reducing inequality.

The success of the Dorchester Bay City project, if approved, will undoubtedly shift the culture of our industry and create a new framework for shaping equitable outcomes. This project presents an opportunity to create a positive feedback loop where new Black and Hispanic real estate professionals can establish their careers or firms, further diversifying the industry and contributing to the economy.

By actively involving stakeholders excluded from the decision-making process, the project team ensured their voices were heard and incorporated into the development plans. Representation is crucial for considering various perspectives, leading to more inclusive and equitable project designs. “

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/...-builders-of-color-coalition-real-estate.html

Back