Downtown Crossing/Financial District | Discussion

I'd guess not. I can't read the sign in the photo but it seems to say something like "if the Patriots win the Super Bowl on Sunday"

eff life...eff aaron hernandez....eff modell's for jinxing the pats

And what was that cluster-eff at the endzone in the last 5 seconds of the game!! Worst let down ever!

That sign reads: "We will open immediately after the game in the event of a Patriots Super Bowl championship win on Sunday! This store will also open Monday 2/5 at 5 am."

But I guess all that's off now.......Welkahhhhhh!

screenshot20120205at114.jpg

Shortest lived retail opening. Ever.

Don't blame the pats, I'm sure we can pin this one squarely on Menino.

Shortest lived retail opening. Ever.

Don't blame the pats, I'm sure we can pin this one squarely on Menino.

Urb -- I heard someone on the radio say that some NGO had cut deal with the NFL and all the stuff printed with the wrong outcome would be donated to homeless shelters and similar enterprises

sounds as if all in all -- there will be a whole lot of pats championship T shirts, hats and hoodies being put to good-use -- my guess is that they need to do something to keep the stuff from becoming a major collectible on the Antiques Roadshow in 2058

This is so outdated. Today, not even muggers hang out there.

Plot Summary for "Dawson's Creek" Downtown Crossing (2002)

In a cross-over continuation of the previous episode, set in real time during a cold winter night of a sudden snowstorm, Joey is robbed at gunpoint and forced to clean out her ATM account by a street mugger at a deserted area of Boston's Downtown Crossing district. But the robber ends up getting run over by a car in a hit-and-run accident, minutes after mugging Joey. Instead of calling the police, she stands by her aggressor, checking up on him and trying to get an ambulance to get him to the hospital after seeing the similarities between him and her own father, especially when Joey meets the guy's estranged wife Grace, and her young, tomboy daughter Sammy in the hospital waiting area.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0555107/plotsummary

^ Also accurate because now cars don't even have a reason to drive illegally down the pedestrian streets of DTC...as they would have had to in order to foul any imaginary muggings in the area by running someone over (WTF?)

6822150173_8b7a5b098c_b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

With FYE gone, to me the old Borders bookstore would be a great site for a Best Buy. Basically the same size as the other locations in Boston. I believe the closest Best Buy is the one on the corner of Newbury St. & Mass. Ave.

^ Which is about three blocks walking and 4 stops away on the Green Line... Love to see this space filled quickly, but putting in a big electronics chain that's going the way of Circuit City, and already has a location readily accessible nearby isn't the way to do it IMO.

^ Which is about three blocks walking and 4 stops away on the Green Line... Love to see this space filled quickly, but putting in a big electronics chain that's going the way of Circuit City, and already has a location readily accessible nearby isn't the way to do it IMO.

3 blocks? It's on the other side of the City. The walk down Newbury is at least 6 or 7, add navigating DTX and crossing the Common into that and you're easily pushing 12-15 blocks.

Edit: disregard the above.

Last edited:
I believe BusesAintTrains meant 3 blocks to Park Street, followed by four stops on the Green Line. The point is that it's not far away, and electronics superstores are likely to follow mega bookstoresinto Dodo land. We should look for something with more long term viability.

I believe BusesAintTrains meant 3 blocks to Park Street, followed by four stops on the Green Line. The point is that it's not far away, and electronics superstores are likely to follow mega bookstoresinto Dodo land. We should look for something with more long term viability.

Ah, totally misread that. I do agree that this isn't the proper location for a Best Buy. This could actually be a great location for Boston's first CB2.

With FYE gone, to me the old Borders bookstore would be a great site for a Best Buy. Basically the same size as the other locations in Boston. I believe the closest Best Buy is the one on the corner of Newbury St. & Mass. Ave.[/QUOTE]

Apple.

How about a bowling alley/pool hall/sports bar along the lines of Kings across from the Hynes and in Legacy Place in Dedham. Nothing like that in or near the Financial District and a venue like that should be able to pull in a good size after work crowd not to mention many work related special events/outings.

How about a bowling alley/pool hall/sports bar along the lines of Kings across from the Hynes and in Legacy Place in Dedham. Nothing like that in or near the Financial District and a venue like that should be able to pull in a good size after work crowd not to mention many work related special events/outings.

Not a bad idea. And a spot like that might be able to kind of bridge the gap between the Faneuil Hall area and DTX.

Back