Eataly Boston

NJBostonFan

Reaction score
Guys, what do you think about Eataly opening a location in Boston, on the Greenway, on the North End Municipal Lot? What would the local North End merchants say about it? It would be a good draw, and could complement the Boston Public Market and the Blackstone Market proposal? Do you think there's another location in Boston that would suit an Eataly, like the garage where the Hard Rock Cafe currently is? I think we could create a wonderful market district in this area, and in time, expand it to a redeveloped Fanueil Hall.

Many of us had proposed Eataly for Borders at DTX. The city at one point was even hinting at it.

YES. And before anyone says anything about taking away from the character of the North End, there's even a popular Eataly in Rome.

It's gonna be on the Greenway. Either on Greenway Parcel 11B or on the site of the Dock Square Garage, which would be demolished. Should it be 50,000 square feet, like in New York, or should it be smaller? Also, another location could involve redeveloping the buildings on Cross Street, between Endicott and Salem Streets, since there is a lot of unused space between the front of the buildings and the streets, due to the removal of an exit ramp. But I don't think the owners of those buildings would allow it.

Here is the location I am referring to: https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&cid=14759088564512264331&q=Maria%27s+Pastry+Shop&iwloc=A&gl=US&hl=en

Back