Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

This seems like the fastest project I’ve ever seen go up in Boston 🙄

It makes me irrationally happy to see this kind of texture / depth in a façade. Two decades of flat curtainwalls with flat glass windows has nearly bored me to death.

What's more, there's no colossal order nonsense and the windows actually align.

I can't believe this got approved.

It makes me irrationally happy to see this kind of texture / depth in a façade. Two decades of flat curtainwalls with flat glass windows has nearly bored me to death.

What's more, there's no colossal order nonsense and the windows actually align.

I can't believe this got approved.

There is nothing irrational about liking this. It is good craft without the tropes. Enjoy it fully.

cca

30536928807_4f8acad909_h.jpg

43659620600_3328bec4dc_h.jpg

30536925577_a710f25e53_h.jpg

43659615770_35e88c3e29_h.jpg

I think this is probably the most important new building in the Seaport based on use. This is going to bring real people to the area 24/7 and help activate much of the empty storefronts. If this doesn't change things for the better then the Seaport is lost.

I think this is probably the most important new building in the Seaport based on use. This is going to bring real people to the area 24/7 and help activate much of the empty storefronts. If this doesn't change things for the better then the Seaport is lost.

It kind of always has been the lynchpin. Adding 900 units, all that retail, etc.
But, it also really and finally pulls the area together. It connects fort point, fan pier, and seaport square to the fidelity blocks and waterside. It completes the street wall down Seaport Blvd. making it a real city street now. Contiguous from the channel down to Park Lane, and then will soon continue at Parcel K (Massport).

It's been a long time coming, but will be the lynchpin (as you allude to) of the Seaport realizing itself as an actual neighborhood.

Fingers crossed.

It kind of always has been the lynchpin. Adding 900 units, all that retail, etc.
But, it also really and finally pulls the area together. It connects fort point, fan pier, and seaport square to the fidelity blocks and waterside. It completes the street wall down Seaport Blvd. making it a real city street now. Contiguous from the channel down to Park Lane, and then will soon continue at Parcel K (Massport).

It's been a long time coming, but will be the lynchpin (as you allude to) of the Seaport realizing itself as an actual neighborhood.

Fingers crossed.

Yea it definitely is the lynchpin. Surprisingly Nema is helping a lot too by bridging the gap between Summer st and Seaport Blvd. Now theres just going to be a couple block square where Seaport square goes surrounded by development. So its not going to be so vast with random scattered future projects, just a square gap where Seaport sq will go. These are going up along with pier 4, waterside 1b, parcel K, Omni...etc so those will all wrap up then you really just will have one big gap left for seaport sq. After that theres only a couple small parcels left like the single plot on fan pier, the plots on both sides of the memorial, the plot next to the ica, 151 seaport, then your really just about done then you start moving inland. This Nema and Omni really take up huge chunks of developable land left really closing it up. Great to see. I just went down there yesterday and its insane how many people are out walking around. The medians look great now being landscaped and finished too and the new art pieces on the median are a really nice touch as well. Its really looking great.

This shows perfectly how such a small parcel like Nema actually adds a lot by bringing the development from Seaport blvd right up to Summer st now all in a matter of these 2 projects going up at the same time. You literally go from nothing to an entire streetwall with just these 2 projects.

Yesterday was the first time I've had a chance to walk down this way. I have to say that this development looks like it will be quite a positive addition to the area.

Creating a streetwall:

ftdGssj.jpg

cITkj7p.jpg

zR55BTt.jpg

z70nniN.jpg

0OR4WFK.jpg

P0tYdtd.jpg

Nobody mentioned that this building was going to become a firefly zoo:

kPSqLVl.jpg

I never sausage a parcel as the one at right:

sHOAO9p.jpg

Back