Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

A European-inspired ‘town square’ is headed for the Seaport
Retail and restaurants on lower floors of Echelon complex will open early next year.
By Diti Kohli Globe Staff,Updated December 3, 2021, 1 hour ago

A rendering of The Superette’s Courtyard
A rendering of The Superette’s CourtyardBOSTON SEAPORT BY WS DEVELOPMENT AND KOHN PEDERSEN FOX

One more thing, regarding retail. It seems the interior is still deadsville, but the exterior retail spaces are quickly filling up. I know we saw upthread some retailers moving in, but there was lots of activity on the street sides of this development. One notable entrant is Lucid Motors, an EV manufacturer that got car of the year for it's Tesla Model S rival.

https://www.lucidmotors.com/

Multiple Restaurants Planning to Open in Boston's Seaport District
GettyImages-183300037.jpg

“The Superette is planning to open on the lower two floors of the EchelonSeaport, a luxury condo complex on Seaport Boulevard in the Seaport District.”

“A couple of dining-related tenants that will be coming to The Superette include Puttshack, which will be a high-tech mini-golf spot with food offered (and which was briefly mentioned in an earlier article here), and the New York-based Garrett Bars, which are speakeasy-style cocktail lounges.”

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/loca...open-in-bostons-seaport-district/2585433/?amp

Ditto. The whole courtyard bothers me. It's the one bad note in the complex, and it's major.

Hopefully it won't seem so bad once shops open and people start to fill the space.

Good to see new businesses opening up in Echelon. And with the Superette, opening up this summer, hopefully, Echelon will become a destination venue for the Seaport.

Last edited:
Nice! Love the fancy chairs. They go a long way to make up for the awful benches.

Looking good. Which businesses have opened up in the courtyard, does anybody know? Hopefully on the inner courtyard part its coffee shops and restaurants to take advantage of the outdoor seating, the car stores can go on the perimeter spaces.

I like the chairs, as the cushions are a nice touch. However, they sort of look upscale suburban, like they were stolen off of a back patio in Wellesley or something, rather than modern and urban, like this development.

Can you upload some pics of chairs that you consider modern and urban? I'm trying to imagine what they might look like but I'm coming up blank.

Nice! Love the fancy chairs. They go a long way to make up for the awful benches.
I think the benches actually make sense as far as where and how they're placed. They're screwed down to the ground, so you'd want them to be out of the way so that it can provide more flexibility with what can be done with the open area (depending on season or event). It also makes snow cleanup easier in the winter time. I think the proper way to think about the benches is that it's just one of the seating components of the space.

Last edited:
My objection isn't to having the benches as a seating component, but to the style of benches they went with. They would look perfectly fine along the Esplanade or Jamaica Pond, but they're jarringly out of place here.

My objection isn't to having the benches as a seating component, but to the style of benches they went with. They would look perfectly fine along the Esplanade or Jamaica Pond, but they're jarringly out of place here.

Hmm.. I see. I googled "modern outdoor bench design" to see the variety of things that came up and I suppose you're right that there are either "better" or more complementary designs out there.

Hmm.. I see. I googled "modern outdoor bench design" to see the variety of things that came up and I suppose you're right that there are either "better" or more complementary designs out there.

WS' own renders showed much more contextual benches than what we got.

Back