Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Oh closings have started last week? Wow...but the place is still in "construction mode"! The units in 133 facing Seaport Blvd will soon have their harbor view blocked by St.Regis coming up bang opposite! Do you think that will impact anything at all?

I don’t think so. The St. Regis was first proposed four years ago and before this started construction so anybody who stands to lose their view in 133 Seaport should have been aware of that possibility long before now. The prices so far are lower than I expected and I think this will attract mostly people who work in the Seaport and Financial District who might not be as concerned with spectacular views and “cache” as they are with simply having a nice home in a full service condo building in close proximity to their workplace.

True! Interestingly the units in 133 facing seaport blvd are priced higher than the units facing the inner courtyard. Can't wait to see people actually start living in here.

I think it will effect resales, not sales since my guess is that they're doing well with sales everywhere in the building.

It's still a water view for some people on that side plus the St Regis won't be the worst building to look at, right?

How long though before the ferries that land there are politely told they should look for a different location?

I don’t think so. The St. Regis was first proposed four years ago and before this started construction so anybody who stands to lose their view in 133 Seaport should have been aware of that possibility long before now. The prices so far are lower than I expected and I think this will attract mostly people who work in the Seaport and Financial District who might not be as concerned with spectacular views and “cache” as they are with simply having a nice home in a full service condo building in close proximity to their workplace.

Hey!!! Good news...I see some units of Echelon already listed for rentals! Wow they are fast. The units look very nice from inside too.

Hey!!! Good news...I see some units of Echelon already listed for rentals! Wow they are fast. The units look very nice from inside too.

Maybe in out next lives we'll be able to afford them! ;)

Very cool & long fireplace in lobby taken tonight. Double sided to the outdoor passage to center court.
BC38CE6E-0FF6-47F1-9E88-55E704CB2B9E.jpeg
0A5F807E-137D-41B8-A270-0972DE999E94.jpeg
0CA7759A-2234-4020-9695-37C795A0D15A.jpeg

Last edited:
With the lobby open, I guess there could be residents living here. These Christmas lights strung on a balcony could be an indication but I’m not sure this is the type of building that would allow tenants to do this sort of decorating.
1666C38C-7FD4-44C3-9042-E84CF6D73C36.jpeg
154F22A2-2F7B-4A1C-A849-C2B0D85BADEF.jpeg
099CF292-EF13-42AC-8DCE-F5C6E43585AC.jpeg

Thanks Neon! What lovely pics. Wow so many people have already moved in ?!! I'm amazed. The place doesn't look done as yet, and residents have already shifted in. But its nice to see this place come alive :)

I think they will announce the retail once the second tower and the central piazza are complete. Right now , only the first building is barely getting done.

Shocked to see actual photos from the live rental listings. 1BR units are tiny and with plenty of cheap finishes. Closets "boast" $5 a piece wire shelving from the Home Depot... Where is the "luxury" here?

They should throw a library here imo.. The neighborhood needs one and this is a nice central location with lots of room at ground level, plus coming coffee shops/retail.

Shocked to see actual photos from the live rental listings. 1BR units are tiny and with plenty of cheap finishes. Closets "boast" $5 a piece wire shelving from the Home Depot... Where is the "luxury" here?
Yeah!

Yesterday, I accompanied my office colleague who has recently moved to Boston and is actively looking at rental units in the south boston area.
Let me share what I saw.

In the new Luxury condos, the "luxury" does not lie in bedrooms or closets. They all look the same regardless of the kind of building. The real luxury is in the open concept kitchens that boast top of the line kitchen appliances, marble island and backsplash, marble sinks and showers in the bathrooms, amenities offered in the building, underground parking and of course the view. I've also realized that furnishings "create" the luxury look. Put a recliner in these sparkling new condos instead of a sleek leather sectional and you get a very different look, ha ha.

Although I agree that the wire shelving in closets is anything but luxury, I guess, almost all residents opt for custom closets later on. Therefore this bare minimum wire shelving in closets seem to be a mere formality to call that space a "closet" :) This trend seems to be quite prevalent among all new units in "luxury" buildings in the area.

I sure had fun on my mini tour of the Seaport condos. After checking out a few rental units I can say one thing for sure, while Echelon cannot beat the harbor view of Pier 4 or 50 Liberty, its definitely at par on the quality of construction of the units AND definitely well above par as far as the amenities are concerned. Pier 4 and 50 Liberty offer standard amenities like gym, parking etc. The agent who was showing us around Echelon said that Echelon is providing amenities such as virtual golf, a spa, multiple indoor outdoor pools, tasting room, library, private dining rooms for parties, wellness center, fitness center, gym, several sky lounges, children's playroom, pets area, and on and on.........that more than make up for the loss of the harbor view. Just that all these will be ready first quarters next year when the second building will also be up. Plus they have a central piazza or something similar to a farmer's market or pop-up stores in the central courtyard which is going to be open to the public, that will always offer some kind of programming all year long. Plus ofcourse the retail that will come up on the lower floors will have restaurants etc. I was floored just listening to the plethora of what Echelon is going to offer. Truly AMAZING!!

I WISH i got to stay at Echelon, but for now, I'll just tag along with my new favorite colleague as her helper :) ha ha
She chose Echelon!

...I sure had fun on my mini tour of the Seaport condos. After checking out a few rental units I can say one thing for sure, while Echelon cannot beat the harbor view of Pier 4 or 50 Liberty, its definitely at par on the quality of construction of the units AND definitely well above par as far as the amenities are concerned. Pier 4 and 50 Liberty offer standard amenities like gym, parking etc. The agent who was showing us around Echelon said that Echelon is providing amenities such as virtual golf, a spa, multiple indoor outdoor pools, tasting room, library, private dining rooms for parties, wellness center, fitness center, gym, several sky lounges, children's playroom, pets area, and on and on.........that more than make up for the loss of the harbor view. .. Truly AMAZING!!.....

I think there is quite a "war" going on between the large "Luxury complexes" -- trading more amenities for the view -- that's why it will be really interesting to see first what ends up inside the "old Whiskey Priest" when it becomes Condos with hotel-like service and one of the best views. That will leave one more vacant lot in Fan Pier to be developed into ????

Have they announced any retail yet? And what do you guys think of retail in the Seaport overall? I am struggling with all the talk about great shopping and then you get LL Bean, Lulu Melon, Warby Parker as your options. Are any luxury brands coming to the Seaport?

Have they announced any retail yet? And what do you guys think of retail in the Seaport overall? I am struggling with all the talk about great shopping and then you get LL Bean, Lulu Melon, Warby Parker as your options. Are any luxury brands coming to the Seaport?
Bostonruin? -- Checkout the video produced to sell the Seaport by its master developer [well there part of it -- interestingly they ignore Fan Pier directly across the street]

or this from Forbes https://www.forbes.com/sites/amberg...me-bostons-hottest-neighborhood/#28dfaa35374e

which you can find through the Seaport's website https://www.bostonseaport.xyz/

2,873 viewsNov 29, 2019, 09:18am
How The Seaport District Became Boston’s Hottest Neighborhood

Amber Gibson
Amber Gibson
Contributor
Lifestyle
I write about luxury travel, food and wine.

Frank Stella Mural at Boston Seaport

Frank Stella Mural at Boston Seaport
SAM SWAN
“The only thing you used to come down here for was to buy fish or drugs,” a Boston bartender confides in me as I order a drink at Lookout Rooftop Bar. With a new enclosed space this winter, the rooftop bar at The Envoy Hotel is surprisingly packed even on a frigid day, with festive groups crowding into colorful igloos and snapping selfies with the city's skyline in the background.

or this one from Forbes - -slightly different perspective same development https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffst...nge-for-life-sciences-employers/#26f34b97604f

675 viewsDec 18, 2019, 09:00am
Seaport Ushering In Sea Change For Life Sciences Employers

Jeffrey Steele
Jeffrey Steele
Contributor
Real Estate

Boston Seaport

The live-work-play setting of Boston Seaport is attracting life science company tenants determined ... [+]
GUSTAV HOILAND / FLAGSHIP PHOTO
Firms in the life sciences sector confront a number of hurdles. They include locating enough high-quality lab space for their research, ensuring current space can be scaled when future expansion is warranted and attracting a continuous supply of exceptionally well-educated biotech talent. Among the nation’s up-and-coming technology clusters, Boston Seaport is emerging as one of the most promising urban lab markets, one that can allow life sciences firms to vault every one of those hurdles.
The Boston Seaport seeks to blend history and modernity in its transformation of 23 acres of waterfront land into a lively, multi-faceted, 24/7 life-work-play community combining office, retail, nightlife, residential, cultural opportunities and open spaces.

But these are all marketing videos/articles by the developers. I have seen them. The reality is though that there is really not much shopping in the Seaport. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to have been able to do my Christmas shopping in the area as my office is right there. I couldn't.

Bostonruin? -- Checkout the video produced to sell the Seaport by its master developer [well there part of it -- interestingly they ignore Fan Pier directly across the street]

But these are all marketing videos/articles by the developers. I have seen them. The reality is though that there is really not much shopping in the Seaport. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to have been able to do my Christmas shopping in the area as my office is right there. I couldn't.
Bostonruin -- They may be "marketing hype" -- and probably are -- but the Seaport [not just Seaport the development] is clearly still a work in progress -- when you finish selling all these high end condos - -there has to be something on the ground floor conducive to browsing for someone living in $2-3-5 M houses

And there will be -- but it might still take a few years

Back