Edward M. Kennedy Institute | Columbia Point | Dorchester

Beeline, if you wish, you can post Flickr images in your post simply by 1.) Clicking the "Share" button on the photo's Flickr page 2.) Select the "Grab the HTML/BBCode" option 3.) Check the "BBCode" radio button 4.) Copy the text in the box and paste it directly into your post here.

BTW, I've been really enjoying your photos. Keep them coming :)

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try next time.

Foundations are being poured. This is the progress as of 3/4.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/beelinebos/6957113819/in/photostream/

Since apparently the Kennedys managed to fleece the taxpayers one more time by raiding some Defense Department funding -- the public should demand to participate in the design of the mausoleum

I propose a contest for the best way to present and exemplify the following text:

Sic transit gloria mundi -- on the side you see as you are approaching the building

and

It's the peoples' seat -- on the side you see as you leave the building

Won't the fiscal conservatives think it's a waste of money to put a quote from a one term senator no one will remember in 15 years on the building?

Won't the fiscal conservatives think it's a waste of money to put a quote from a one term senator no one will remember in 15 years on the building?

Actually I was thinking more of the Latin phrase -- but since none of the former Senior Senator's voters would be able to understand it -- I thought something in English with nice simple words -- and rather than a reference to a Bridge Not Taken, or a Road Too Far -- I decided to provide something nice, neutral and Constitutional

How about an open air pool where museum guests attempt to race a Wianno Senior, PT 109 and an Oldsmobile Delmont?

I guess it would be too much to ask for a thread titled Edward M. Kennedy Institute not to be political, huh?

I guess it would be too much to ask for a thread titled Edward M. Kennedy Institute not to be political, huh?

Shep -- so far its been tame

Try any mention of a Kennedy on any newspaper forum or comment site -- half of the posts have to be removed due to their offensive content -- created both by the pros and cons in reaction to the others

This has been so civil -- I'm thinking of pouring a virtual glass of Chivas in the memory of the Senior Senator

Actually I was thinking more of the Latin phrase -- but since none of the former Senior Senator's voters would be able to understand it

Yes, but the red staters - they're all fluent in Latin...

Since apparently the Kennedys managed to fleece the taxpayers one more time by raiding some Defense Department funding -- the public should demand to participate in the design of the mausoleum

You need to prove this.

I'd guess he's talking about this:

Kerry asks $20m for Kennedy institute
Fiscal groups criticize military bill earmark
By Bryan Bender
Globe Staff / September 25, 2009

WASHINGTON - A large military spending bill moving through Congress contains a little-noticed outlay for Boston that has nothing to do with national defense: $20 million for an educational institute honoring late Senator Edward ...

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w...groups_rap_20m_earmark_for_kennedy_institute/

That's not "raiding" the Defense Department. The DD never "owned" that money - it was never intended to be controlled by the Pentagon. That's just an earmark. Which, unfortunately, is a pretty common occurrence in fed budgets.

And here I am thinking conservatives always keep to the classic definition of things!

^ Yeah there does seem to be a vocal conservative cohort here for a Boston based site. I guess years of disappointment in the Democratic establishment in the state with regards to transit and development has jaded 'em.

Off topic:

To be fair most of the 'conservatives' here aren't really the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh types, but rather more in the libertarian RONPAUL/Ayn Rand mold. Typical for pretty much any internet forum.

^ I'd say real estate development and skyscrapers (Ayn Rand's predeliction) attract them in higher numbers.

To be fair most of the 'conservatives' here aren't really the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh types, but rather more in the libertarian RONPAUL/Ayn Rand mold. Typical for pretty much any internet forum.

Just because libertarianism is allegedly a "self-consistent" or "self-coherent" view doesn't make it any less crazy/tragically wrong. People are drawn to it precisely because it gives them an easily digestible, catchall framework for viewing the world.

And absolutely it's to be expected on a real estate development forum where property rights are worshipped as the ultimate expression of personal liberty.

Back