Edward M. Kennedy Institute | Columbia Point | Dorchester

Just because libertarianism is allegedly a "self-consistent" or "self-coherent" view doesn't make it any less crazy/tragically wrong. People are drawn to it precisely because it gives them an easily digestible, catchall framework for viewing the world.

And absolutely it's to be expected on a real estate development forum where property rights are worshipped as the ultimate expression of personal liberty.

Blade -- 'Life Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness" === Life, Liberty and the right to own property and profit from thereof

To be fair most of the 'conservatives' here aren't really the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh types, but rather more in the libertarian RONPAUL/Ayn Rand mold. Typical for pretty much any internet forum.

Have you been cheating on us with other forums?!?!?!

Look, I had a short 'thing' going with SSP, but it wasn't serious and it's over now, I swear!

Have you been cheating on us with other forums?!?!?!

motivated by the following Originally Posted by statler:
"To be fair most of the 'conservatives' here aren't really the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh types, but rather more in the libertarian RONPAUL/Ayn Rand mold. "

Full disclosure -- back in my MIT days I had a flirtation with Ms. Rand -- on paper at least -- in fact I was involved with writing for the MIT Libertarian / Objectivist newspaper 'Ergo" -- however when they found out that I was reading Ludwig von Mises and the Foundation for Economic Education (aka the "Freeman") they admonished me -- but I continued to wander and when they found out I was reading WfB -- they purged me

So from my perspective -- these days I enjoy talking about the pure-ish Libertarian issues and ideas -- but I'm a bit more practical -- so the Pauls are a bit outside of my inner circle of idols

motivated by the following Originally Posted by statler:
"To be fair most of the 'conservatives' here aren't really the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh types, but rather more in the libertarian RONPAUL/Ayn Rand mold. "

Full disclosure -- back in my MIT days I had a flirtation with Ms. Rand -- on paper at least -- in fact I was involved with writing for the MIT Libertarian / Objectivist newspaper 'Ergo" -- however when they found out that I was reading Ludwig von Mises and the Foundation for Economic Education (aka the "Freeman") they admonished me -- but I continued to wander and when they found out I was reading WfB -- they purged me

So from my perspective -- these days I enjoy talking about the pure-ish Libertarian issues and ideas -- but I'm a bit more practical -- so the Pauls are a bit outside of my inner circle of idols

Can you announce when you are done hijacking this thread?

This is the people's thread! Not the Kennedy's thread!

Originally Posted by shmessy
"Can you announce when you are done hijacking this thread?"

Cuba Si ... Fidel No!

By the way ... "Post hoc Ergo propter hoc"

belatedly & post facto I'm announcing that I'm hijacking the thread

belatedly & post facto I'm announcing that I'm hijacking the thread

This one specifically, or all of them... repeatedly.

Blade -- 'Life Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness" === Life, Liberty and the right to own property and profit from thereof

so long as it doesn't conflict with others' "right to own property and profit from thereof" = zoning, environmental laws, permitting and regulation, and many other things Libertarians can't wrap their heads around

A memorial to a very questionable politician, commissioned by the US government in the middle of the worst financial mess in 70 years. Millions upon millions of tax dollars for a completely unnecessary vanity project.

Rose Kennedy wasn't even a politician. But at least the economy was doing well during the Big Dig years.

Can't wait to check out the Kopechne wing. Will the Oldsmobile be on display?

It should at least warrant a half hull model next to that of the Mya. It is probably the best known of the Senator's ocean-going vessels after all, and I do believe it was his only submarine.

thanks for the pictures.

Looks like Mitt Romney's parking garage.

Back