Exchange South End ( Boston Flower Exchange) | Albany Street | South End

Update from IAG meeting 6/28. Sounds like the developer has been working over the past year to figure out the connection to 93. If I'm reading it correctly, there is only going to be a connection from 93, not both ways. This might lead to a reduction in the two buildings closest to the highway.

Thanks for sharing! Worth noting that the connection would be from the frontage road, not from mainline I-93.

Why are they even doing this? This seems like the worst kind of delay and pay out to the so-called "community"

Nothing happening yet. Just a sign on the promotion office.

IMG_5765.JPG

IMG_5772.JPG
IMG_5770.JPG

They told no one on the IAG or in the n'hood about it. Causing a major furor locally,
The IAG reviewed the coop agreement awhile back. Nothing changed since then and it was then executed. Some on the IAG need to understand the A in the acronym. They advise, not decide. Not liking the agreement is not the same as not reviewing the agreement.
despite it being a good one (removing the idiotic 93 ramp proposals).
There were never 'ramps'. The project is advancing a city of Boston recommendation from over 10 years ago to connect to the SB Frontage rd. It's a road in all intent, except built as part of the Big Dig, so legally considered a highway. There is still a connection from frontage rd, but MassDOT will not (for a good reason) allow a connection to the frontage rd.

The nonsense this development has had to go through during permitting is second to none.

The IAG reviewed the coop agreement awhile back. Nothing changed since then and it was then executed. Some on the IAG need to understand the A in the acronym. They advise, not decide. Not liking the agreement is not the same as not reviewing the agreement.

There were never 'ramps'. The project is advancing a city of Boston recommendation from over 10 years ago to connect to the SB Frontage rd. It's a road in all intent, except built as part of the Big Dig, so legally considered a highway. There is still a connection from frontage rd, but MassDOT will not (for a good reason) allow a connection to the frontage rd.

The nonsense this development has had to go through during permitting is second to none.
I know several IAG members, including ones who have no problem with the agreement with the city that have told me they were blindsided by the whole thing. It seems like an unforced error by the City/BPDA here.

I agree strongly that neighbors, electeds, and all sorts of NIMBYs have made a hash of this honestly great dev. Just giving context to what the current ruckus is about.

They told no one on the IAG or in the n'hood about it. Causing a major furor locally, despite it being a good one (removing the idiotic 93 ramp proposals).
Major local furor!!

Back