EXP | 795 Columbus Avenue | Northeastern University

^^You beat me too it!
That is an impressive building and an interesting companion to ISEC I.

"In January 2017, the first building on the Project site was completed, known as the Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex (ISEC). Northeastern now proposes to construct a second building on the Project site: an eight-story, approximately 350,000 gross square foot building containing additional classrooms, laboratories, and a dynamic new makerspace hub."

http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/1463f4bf-05a4-4996-8593-2e6cfcb7453e

Last edited:
Another really nice STEM addition to the campus. Looks like ~200 ft tall to the roof. NU has had their foot on the gas pedal for about 20 years, pretty amazing.

Who is the architect? Can they be sent over to the waterfront to re-design some of the buildings going up over there?

It is a fraternal twin to ISEC. A different unique design that makes a powerful statement.

A hell of a lot better than that stack of books monstrosity that is the future BU data science building.

Another really nice STEM addition to the campus. Looks like ~200 ft tall to the roof. NU has had their foot on the gas pedal for about 20 years, pretty amazing.

Who is the architect? Can they be sent over to the waterfront to re-design some of the buildings going up over there?

Architect is Payette. Same architect as building 1.
The difference between University money and private money on the waterfront.

And another communal atrium!

Whittier Street project is being rebuilt. If Tremont Crossing ever gets built that will be a great neighborhood.

It looks like the ground floor is over 18 feet in elevation so it's really about 167'.

Agreed, this looks great, real swanky renders. If it turns out half as nice as ISEC it'll still be an awesome addition to the neighborhood.

I like what they are doing with the multi-leveled landscape.

MEXj7Dwh.png

In this diagram you can see that there's an entrance to the building (labeled 'Level One Connector') under the berm surrounding the EXP on it's northeast side.

I like what they are doing with the multi-leveled landscape.

MEXj7Dwh.png

In this diagram you can see that there's an entrance to the building (labeled 'Level One Connector') under the berm surrounding the EXP on it's northeast side.

Thats pretty neat, although its not as cool as the 6 years ago plans to have a skybridge connecting the two buildings which if memory serves me would have been right around where that Level One Connector is...

Thanks, Stick, for coming through with the renderings! I was having a tough time downloading the document for some reason. I always appreciate when you post renderings, new ones on new threads, and on older threads, to refresh everyone's memory as to what the project is especially now since there are so many developments out there now!

Thanks, Stick, for coming through with the renderings! I was having a tough time downloading the document for some reason. I always appreciate when you post renderings, new ones on new threads, and on older threads, to refresh everyone's memory as to what the project is especially now since there are so many developments out there now!
I had trouble downloading it too but eventually it did.

I did too lol. For some reason those pdf’s ALWAYS crash the page over and over n over on my phone. Idk why but it drives me absolutely crazy, especially after waiting 5 minutes for it to load. It actually makes me feel a little bit better that Im not the only one because I thought my phone was starting to crap out or something. Anyone know of a fix??

I actually end up having to rapid fire screen shot as many renders as I can between crashes, then once I get them all saved I go in and crop out the page from around each pic, then upload them to a host site (cant wait to be able to just upload to this site). It does the thing where it crashes and reloads the pdf a few times until it fails and some error screen finally pops up. Are you guys using Iphone/Safari?

Ill be able to get the rest if I can keep it open lol.

Back