EXP | 795 Columbus Avenue | Northeastern University

A look into that lab space I mentioned in my previous post
3B67E4D3-F96E-4C18-9B63-03040BCAB735.jpeg

F0FC13E0-A01D-4129-BDA9-D00A915F79F6.jpeg

Not a huge fan of this side of the building; the transition from the angled fins to a giant mass of straight fins is really jarring. The electric blue glass on the left is really cool, though.

On an unrelated note, FWIW, there are spots for them to install addition fins near the top of the building, which I can only presumably mean is that they will eventually install some more fins to feather out that jagged diagonal edge.

I wish the mech. penthouse got the 'fins' as well.
PXL_20230220_212712355 by LexSEDotVille, on Flickr

Landscape progressing. NOTE: currently a ped. dead end unless you have NU card access!
PXL_20230220_212836194 by LexSEDotVille, on Flickr
Only a pedestrian dead end on days when the building is closed (aka either Sundays or holidays when the university is closed). It is open to the public Monday-Saturday.

NU card access is also not for all NU students, but only those conducting research inside ISEC.

Sidewalk work in progress. Pictures only show the work in between ISEC and EXP, but there’s also some work happening at the front of the building as well. Construction fence was pushed out slightly to accommodate that work.
39CDC02C-FD9B-49C3-823C-6111266E0AB7.jpeg

Looks on schedule for an August occupancy and fully functional for the start of the Fall semester in September.

Almost finished!

Inside EXP: Touring Northeastern’s New Science Center

Lots of pictures and a floor-by-floor description of the building.

View attachment 38849
"The front entrance lobby, where a large staircase leads up to the cafe and Ideation space, also overlooks the robotics area. The building will be open to the public from 5:45 a.m. to 11 p.m., and those wanting access overnight will have to tap in with their Husky card."

Those are some long public hours, curious how they define public and whether that includes that roof garden...

"The front entrance lobby, where a large staircase leads up to the cafe and Ideation space, also overlooks the robotics area. The building will be open to the public from 5:45 a.m. to 11 p.m., and those wanting access overnight will have to tap in with their Husky card."

Those are some long public hours, curious how they define public and whether that includes that roof garden...
Same hours as ISEC, public is literally anyone off the street. No clue with respect to the roof garden, though.

Great shots, but those interiors are the ISEC, not the EXP.

This is the first video tour of the finished interior that I have seen. I am sure there will soon be one put out by Northeastern.

Rolling into the long weekend like…. Don’t just Paint, Select Paint. Check out this amazing video created by Select’s in-house… | Instagram
Wow, I have some real questions about how sound is going to travel and reverb in that space. Fill that with people, classes and other activities and it looks like it will be noisy as hell.

Back