EXP | 795 Columbus Avenue | Northeastern University

52367984296_8923c6e310_k.jpg

Great addition to campus and Columbus Ave. Are they done with the the penthouse screening? I really hope this is still progressing with swing staging or something....

Tom's Photo:
1667580415886.png

The render:
1667580710704.png

Attachments

• 1667580590572.png
    1667580590572.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 47
Great addition to campus and Columbus Ave. Are they done with the the penthouse screening? I really hope this is still progressing with swing staging or something....

Tom's Photo:
View attachment 30273

The render:
View attachment 30275
The design has changed a bit, the fins don't go all the way up anymore.
The remaining fins to be put on will finish the swoopy shape sorta like so:
1668179729417.png

Shame, that penthouse isn't exactly a small detail. This is the sort of VE which I think is troublesome from an entitlement standpoint, this is meaningfully different than what was presented. Otherwise, its appears to be a great building.

I love the first building (ISEC?) in this complex, but I can't warm up to this one at all. It looks like a gigantic electrical or refrigeration mechanism not even meant for human occupation.

Agreed on the exteriors, but I think the two buildings actually have different objectives.

The ISEC is the show pony - - it's spectacular and is a statement to the world "Northeastern has arrived on the stage" - the classroom labs can be seen from the public atrium as if the work there is performance art- it is a building tour groups target and is truly iconic.

The EXP is the workhorse - - it doesn't have the airy atrium taking up half of the square footage. It goes 100% right to work inside with no-nonsense floor plans of labs and offices. My uneducated guess is that the EXP has double the actual workspace of the ISEC.

I truly appreciate both buildings for the beautiful ways they each fulfill their objectives. The fact that Harvard's SEC is so laughingly pedestrian compared to these two is shocking.

Work continues on the external fins. Somewhat hard to tell, but they are being attached away from the direct side of the building itself. Gives it a subtle 3D effect.

Also, don’t have pictures of it, but work on the interior is coming along nicely. Second floor has lab tables installed on the side of the building adjacent to ISEC
B747EC9D-6800-4AA1-A27C-45E70AB1212E.jpeg

Back