External Boston pictures links

DZH22

Superstar
Reaction score
Not sure if there is already a thread for this somewhere, didn't see it on the first 2 pages and got a little lazy after that. Some of the other sites have new Boston submissions though, just thought I'd share the links for those of you who are interested. Please feel free to post any other worthwhile links here that you know of.

From Skyscraperpage, user Geomorph has posted some nice collections of cities, including a thread for Boston here
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=172711

I posted a skyline thread (same one I posted on this site) here
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=172608

And also I posted a brand new thread from my little Wednesday excursion, warning it's pretty large for those of you with slow computers... here
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=172821

Please provide more!

Your pictures are awesome! Using one as my desktop. If you want some suggestions for future pics, there is a nice view of the city coming down route two before Alewife that I am surprised doesn't get photographed as much as other views in the city. Also, the view of the Back Bay at night from the top of right field at Fenway is spectacular. I tried to get it last night but they all came out blurry.

You layer things beautifully. Amazing.

And a side note: I almost expect to see a gondola appear in your photo of the CSC's reflecting pool.

^ If ablarc did one of his essays around this guy's photo thread there'd be a bunch of posters here lamenting that Boston wasn't more like that city.

The city should hire you for publicity shots.

Have you ever worked with video?

Hey thanks! I'm really just an amateur though, who loves skyscrapers and loves taking pictures! I haven't really worked with video much at all. My little camera has a video option but I almost never use it, and have no real good training with either that or even a regular camera...

If somebody wanted to hire me to do some publicity stuff, I'd be happy to do some studying and learn all the bells and whistles that go into successful photography :)

^^^ I don't like the way this site resizes the pictures. I mean, it's fine when it's just a couple, but entire threads??? Nahhhhh, looks better on the major sites.

I posted a couple of the pics randomly in photo of the day and whatnot.

^^^ I don't like the way this site resizes the pictures. I mean, it's fine when it's just a couple, but entire threads??? Nahhhhh, looks better on the major sites.

I posted a couple of the pics randomly in photo of the day and whatnot.

Is there any way to make this a user option? I'd love to be able to change the size at which pictures are resized.

yeah I hate the way my skyline pixs come out so small!

DZH22,

Your photos are excellent. I especially love this one, and it is now my desktop image:

IMG_3170.jpg

Thank you!

I do! what am I doing wrong?^ You taught me how to post before!

when uploading your wide skyline pics, choose the highest resize option possible, then your pictures will be bigger. It's best not to do this for all of your pictures, since the size of most of your pics (the more square ones) come out fine :)

If you don't have resize options beyond 1024x768, you don't have a pro membership, and need to pay $25/year. I don't, but my bandwidth limit has been exceeded several times already
lol.gif

DZH22,
Your photos are excellent. I especially love this one, and it is now my desktop image:
Thank you!

Thank you for the compliment! I'm glad you like them. This one is my current background. It really shows off the "verticality" of the Hancock :)

IMG_3091.jpg

Back