Fall River/New Bedford Commuter Rail (South Coast Rail)

Re: Fall River/New Bedford Commuter Rail

The tax dollars already paid to house, feed and care for those people is the bigger insult. The few people in New Bedford and Fall River capable of finding Boston on a map can drive the 55 miles in their own car or take the train from Middleborough. If we're going to invest in regional high speed rail, it ought to serve cities where some semblance of a return on investment is likely such as Hartford, Montreal, Burlington and western Mass./Albany. In the end though this is just another political bone to keep the Bristol County dimwits in the bag for Deval Patrick. I don't think anybody's stupid enough to believe there's a need for this.

Stereotypes and ignorance alert!

^ +1

What's your fucking problem, sailorboy?

No, no, it's cool now. The winds have shifted. Kennedy is gone. We are allowed to be dismissive towards those people again.

My problem is the incessant waste of giant sums on taxpayer money on politically motivated projects that show no merit otherwise. It's one thing to kick a couple million into a substantive project where there is a guaranteed outcome, but on this project the taxpayers have been kept almost entirely in the dark as to the actual construction/operation costs and short/long term benefits. It's pretty clear what brought this one on, earlier this week Charlie Baker correctly expressed skepticism over the economic potential of this whole rail debacle and now this Egan dweeb is out with an even more absurd idea on how to spend other people's money in order to garner a little press in their hometown newspaper which is blatantly in the bag for this project. That's all there is to it.

Stereotypes by the way are typically spawned by reality. If Fall River and New Bedford were nice places with a hardworking populous, I'd say that, but they're cesspools infested with a disproportionately high population of junkies and public dependents who serve absolutely no purpose to society. Continuing to throw money at them every time they open their yaps is just going to legitimize the mediocrity of the status quo. It's time they take responsibility for getting themselves out of their respective ruts without holding everyone else responsible for their own problems.

Fishermen serve no purpose to society? Wow. They take a lot more risks with their lives every day than most of us will in our lifetimes.

And people wonder why I can't stand most conservatives...

How about this, kmp1284...a high speed rail to New Bedford/Fall River will likely go a long way towards gentrifying those two cities, filling them with those people who you find more "worthy" of being members of society and pricing out those scumbag blue collar workers. Doesn't that satisfy your elitist requirements?

To understand kmp's logic, you need to know where he's coming from. "Massachusetts" for people like him doesn't mean the political boundaries of the state, as you or I might understand it. Rather, it refers to anywhere within 1 mile of a Vineyard Vines and within 2 miles of a marina. Ra ra ra!

Now that I've cleared that up, I want to congratulate kmp for staying off my crazydar for so long. Whatever kind of horse tranquilizer you've been taking in the past, you shouldn't have stopped imho.

What is Vineyard Vines?

To understand kmp's logic, you need to know where he's coming from. "Massachusetts" for people like him doesn't mean the political boundaries of the state, as you or I might understand it. Rather, it refers to anywhere within 1 mile of a Vineyard Vines and within 2 miles of a marina. Ra ra ra!

Brooks, Pink, Hermes and the Andover Shop actually. Vineyard Vines is for posers and wannabes and only about a quarter mile at that. A full mile would put me in Roxbury and Cambridge, two of the most repulsive communities known to man. As for everything else, fuck it, the last thing I'm going to waste my time on is another screwball Boston "progressive". No wonder this city and this state are dying before our very eyes.

Brooks, Pink, Hermes and the Andover Shop actually. /QUOTE]

OLD uncl saying he LIKING feeling of pink. BUT. NOT liking the HErmesadites so NOT Shop for such services. BUT. I not judg the other tastes. EXCEPT. unckl saying He remarks that Broke Brother for peeples TOO FAT too fit in Italian suite.

At least a train would bring people in one city to jobs in the other, and vice-versa.

Wow. I guessed I missed a bit while being away for the weekend. Good show. I don't think I have much to add to what's already been said.

The summary of KMP's posts are, "Fall River/NB are trash and they don't deserve a connection because they'll always be trash." Fair enough... there's no changing a point of view that short-sighted/warped, so there's no point in arguing with it.

What is Vineyard Vines?

Wait, really? That stuff was a f*cking stable in Marblehead.

P.S. kmp, I can find Brooks Brothers in any mall across America. The same can't be said for VV. So, how is it for posers if it's more exclusive? Not to detract from BB or anything.

I guess I don't spend much time in Marblehead. In Cambridge the hardcore preppies shop J Press and the Andover Store.

What is Vineyard Vines?

Think of a boring version of Nautica with a whale's tale motif instead of sails. I know it's almost unthinkable, but that's pretty much what it is.

That stuff was a f*cking stable in Marblehead.

Not sure how we got from New Bedford fishermen to horse-owning Marbleheaders ...

Other things besides horses can f*ck in a stable.

Back