Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

Whoops Sicilian! I'm sorry I mistakenly thanked Ron instead of you. That's what I get for posting right before bed. :)

CBRE Named Property Manager For Fan Pier?s One Marina Park Drive
Today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CB Richard Ellis has been named exclusive property manager for One Marina Park Drive in Boston's Seaport District.

The 18-story, 500,000 square foot office will be home to anchor tenant Fish & Richardson, which is occupying 124,000 square feet.

One Marina Park Drive was developed by The Fallon Co. in conjunction with Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC and Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Co. The building, which achieved LEED Gold certification, features office floor plates of 29,000 square feet and views of the Boston skyline and waterfront. The building will also feature a new high-end Italian restaurant, Strega Waterfront, set to open later this month. In addition, Caffe di Marina will open on the ground floor this fall.

"One Marina Park Drive is a terrific assignment and we're honored to assume the management of this trophy asset," said Mark Tassinari, executive vice president/partner and head of CBRE/NE Property Management.

One Marina Park Drive is a component of Fan Pier, the 3 million-square-foot, mixed-use project situated on 21 waterfront acres overlooking Boston Harbor. The project is planned to include three office buildings, a five-star hotel, a mix of luxury residential buildings and 1,700 linear feet of the Boston HarborWalk. Currently, Louis Boston is located in a stand-alone building on the site.

http://www.bankerandtradesman.com/news140083.html

I guess I could put this under the Providence Developments thread, but I figured with all the hype over the Puma City this is as good a place as any. An office building recently opened in R.I. that is made completely out of shipping containers.

When this is all done it will make boston feel twice as big. Yea the buildings wont be as tall but ground level its gonna feel like a second downtown.

Do you happen to know exactly where this is? I'd like to see it in person.

This is the website for the building.
This is the website for the design firm. They're having a free event/tour of the building tomorrow night.

I think the building is 460 Harris Ave, Providence.
About 1/2 mile from downtown and 500 feet from Fantasies (I'm just saying).
Please get some pics if you visit (the Box Office, not Fantasies - you can get in trouble for that).

I've never gone that far down Atwells, past the end of Federal Hill. What's the neighborhood like on the other side of that freeway?

I've only been down Harris Ave once and it was for a bachelor party - I was there at night obviously. I remember it being a mix of industrial and low to mid-level retail. Nothing glamorous but it didn't feel dangerous either.
I also remember overweight naked women and Keno if that helps . . .

There is a fantastic little burger joint down the street from Fantasies (another bachelor party). I highly recommend going there if your heart can take the grease.

Besides Fish & Richardson and MassChallenge a technology-startup incubator, has Fan Pier signed anybody else?

Fish & Richardson are 30% of the building how are they making their debt payments without proper cashflow?

Not sure this counts as a tenant, but...

There is a floor of Internet startup companies, open floorplan for all employees, courtesy of the "Innovation Economy" initiative.

A friend told me the lease is for 6 months at no charge. They have not negotiated terms after the lease is up.

from Uplands Corner(Dorchester) this morning
342-1.jpg

LOL! U think after living in Dot for 25 yrs I'd know how to spell that!

Joseph Fallon seeks OK on Fan Pier look
By Thomas Grillo
Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - Updated 13 hours ago

Joseph Fallon is going full steam ahead on his proposed 15-story research lab at Fan Pier. All he may need is a tenant.

Tonight, the Fallon Co. will seek approvals from the city?s Civic Design Commission for a 424,000-square-foot building adjacent to the federal courthouse on the South Boston waterfront. The building, designed by Elkus/Manfredi, will feature 18,000 square feet of ground-floor retail, research/lab space on floors two to seven and offices on the upper floors.

The building would step back about 70 feet at the seventh floor, allowing light and views into the center of the $3 billion Fan Pier development, which has stalled as tenants and financing are lacking.

Fallon and David Manfredi did not return calls seeking comment.

David Begelfer, CEO of the trade group NAIOP Massachusetts, said Fallon is prepared for the market?s return. The only tenants now seeking new space will be either new companies coming to Boston or an employer willing to pay a premium price to be in a newly built space that gives them identity.

Begelfer added that the new space would be perfect for Vertex Pharmaceuticals, which may be in the running for a major expansion outside of Cambridge if it gets federal approval for its drug to treat hepatitis C.

?If a developer does not have a project that is designed, permitted and ready to start construction in 30 days, no one will take you seriously,? he said.

While Fallon has built an office tower at One Marina Park Drive, he has yet to start construction on two more office/lab buildings and a 20-story hotel.

In May, luxury retailer Louis Boston moved from Newbury Street to temporary quarters on Fan Pier. Last summer, Cirque du Soleil held performances on Fan Pier in the latest effort to fill spaces that await development of 21 acres of Fan Pier spanning nine city blocks.

http://www.bostonherald.com/busines...s_ok_on_fan_pier_look/srvc=home&position=also

Just how "temporary" is Louis in their current home? Are we talking about a month-to-month lease ... or 10 years? If Fallon builds this laboratory with ground floor retail (Boston to Cambridge: gimme some'o'dat), will Louis move in there and dismantle their upscale lobster shack?

This just in:

Drug maker Vertex Pharmaceuticals will relocate to two new buildings on Fan Pier in Boston's seaport district, the first big trophy in Mayor Thomas M. Menino's effort to transform the city's waterfront into an Innovation District filled with technology companies, academic institutions, and medical firms.

Vertex has signed a letter of intent to move its headquarters from Cambridge to developer Joseph F. Fallon's Fan Pier complex in late 2013. The 23-acre complex currently has one building now, but is slated to host hundreds of new residences, a hotel, public parks and a marina.

The deal with Vertex, at 1.1 million square feet, is one of the largest lease transactions in the city's history, officials said. The formal lease still must be signed, and the firm's relocation to Fan Pier is contingent on federal approval of its first major drug, Telaprevir, a treatment for Hepatitis C.

Regulators are expected to act on the company's application by June.

The deal is a coup for Boston in its effort to lure biotechnology companies from neighboring Cambridge, home to many other large drug companies that want to be close to competitors and to that city's prestigious universities. It also offers a huge boost for Fan Pier, which will soon be able to resume construction after work was stalled in 2008 by a recession that dried up funding for large scale development projects nationwide.

The work slowdown caused Vertex, which was considering the move to Fan Pier back then, to renew its lease of its office and lab space in Cambridge last year.

But Vertex never turned its back on Fan Pier and continued to talk with representatives of the project during the last several months. The Vertex buildings will be the second and third major structures in the complex, adding to One Marina Park Drive, an 18-story office and retail building completed last year.

Back