Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

12/27
FC937272-9B2F-41C6-9F9F-39E2D84D8778.jpeg

It’s basically guaranteed that the second phase to be built over the pike is never gonna happen, right? I’m highly doubtful the successful execution of phase one makes phase two any more likely than it was in the first place.

It’s basically guaranteed that the second phase to be built over the pike is never gonna happen, right? I’m highly doubtful the successful execution of phase one makes phase two any more likely than it was in the first place.

There was an NPC filed barely a month ago. Not sure how that signals that it's "basically guaranteed" to never happen...

Thanks guys for the reactions. I tried to also snap some pics of the MGM Music Hall and Boston Arts Academy site but unfortunately my fiancé and I were running late for Night #2 of the Throwdown. Next time.

Looks like the development team wants to speed ahead with Phase 2 office/lab
npc and construction permits by eliminating 1 costly, & project-delaying step...

i usually don't love massive deck of cards on its side land-scrapers, but this change
is impressive (to say the least).

From the Boston Sun edition posted by Rev Paco, concerning tree removal ahead
of The Huntington's site prep--also had this article....

"The developers of Fenway Center – a project on air rights
over the Mass Turnpike – have petitioned state environmental
regulators for a project change that includes getting rid of
residential uses and eliminating more than 500 parking spaces....
that makes changes to the Fenway Center Phase 2 proposal...
not triggering further state reviews.

[changing to] "office/research/lab and life sciences space
with active ground floor uses ...in place of residential
...eliminating 500 of the 1,290 parking spaces ...reduction
to 790 spaces would eliminate the need for a state
environmental review....

contd

Last edited:
Looks like the development team wants to speed ahead with Phase 2 office/lab
npc and construction permits by eliminating 1 costly, & time consuming step...

i usually don't love massive deck of cards on its side land-scrapers, but this change
is impressive (to say the least).

From the Boston Sun edition posted by Rev Paco, concerning tree removal ahead
of the Huntington's site prep also had this article.

"The developers of Fenway Center – a project on air rights
over the Mass Turnpike – have petitioned state environmental
regulators for a project change that includes getting rid of
residential uses and eliminating more than 500 parking spaces....
that makes changes to the Fenway Center Phase 2 proposal...
not triggering further state reviews.

[changing to] "office/research/lab and life sciences space
with active ground floor uses ...in place of residential
...eliminating 500 of the 1,290 parking spaces ...reduction
to 790 spaces would eliminate the need for a state
environmental review....

contd

Great find! No better time to start construction on a lab building than 2019. Hopefully it starts by year end!

Will the air rights building fronting Brookline ave also provide access to Yawkey/Landsdowne Station? There isn't currently access to the station from Brookline but I can't tell from renderings if the air rights portions of this project will provide a pedestrian walkway to the station similar to the Beacon Street portion.

Will the air rights building fronting Brookline ave also provide access to Yawkey/Landsdowne Station? There isn't currently access to the station from Brookline but I can't tell from renderings if the air rights portions of this project will provide a pedestrian walkway to the station similar to the Beacon Street portion.

There will be access to the station from Brookline when the current phase is complete. The new deck over the platforms ties into Brookline, and there will be direct access from that deck at Brookline down to the platforms.

"Fear the Beards?" Was that rendering done 7 years ago?

In the same vein: "WILL NOT CLEAR MAN ON SIDE OF CAR"? But will it clear a woman? How about a gender non-conforming person - are they safe?

Seriously, I'm wondering a little about how welcoming MBTA maintenance is to female employees if those signs are okay to install in the 2010s...

In the same vein: "WILL NOT CLEAR MAN ON SIDE OF CAR"? But will it clear a woman? How about a gender non-conforming person - are they safe?

Seriously, I'm wondering a little about how welcoming MBTA maintenance is to female employees if those signs are okay to install in the 2010s...

Can't... tell... if... sarcasm. Congrats.

#345' Over the Pike!!
Yes, it's wide as hell,
But i love the elimination of the 500 parking spaces. Still, even better,
the Phase 2 [before and after's] show the street wall on Brookline Ave
to be well improved, and urban....

View attachment 2536

View attachment 2537

View attachment 2538

View attachment 2539

View attachment 2533

View attachment 2534
It looks like Popeyes chicken is now Craftsman's Distillery? Is a developer allowed to change the businesses in a building it does not own?

I just love how the development magically turns a bleak winter scene (in black and white no less) into colorful spring! magic!

Back