Flickr Finds & Social Media Pics

As much as I like the reflecting pool, this is 10x better.
There are very few urban renewal projects that I would say are better than what they replaced and this is one of them. I would take the reflecting pool and plaza any day.

I don't think I ever noticed before that the giant portico on the west side of the church was a more recent addition.

Not technically flickr so you'll have to click into these. Every so often I just google "Boston aerial" and scan everything posted across the web for the last month. Here are some good ones for your viewing pleasure.

Category 1: OLD

Category 1.5: Pretty Old
It looks like this first one is actually a render. 3 towers and a couple huge lowrises that never happened.

Check this one out. Greenway is under construction and there's nothing in the Seaport

Category 2: New (enough)
Couple years old but Back Bay looks incredible.

Also interesting to see the 3 planned harbor towers in the top of 1.5.1

arch-29.jpg

Theres a whole lot of urban renewal destruction here, but apparently this was the plan for the symphony towers. They have another one off to the left, destroyed all of those wonderful townhouses in the triangle near 1 dalton today, and added a massive landscraper on huntington ave..etc. Ive never seen this before, awesome pic.

Apparently they had 20% of their height chopped off and the facade value engineered, just like today! Back then VE’d facades meant absolute garbage completely blank concrete panels, weve come a long way. Still not long enough yet though. These are an absolute eyesore today, but it looks like they were almost actually pretty decent. Damn!
123742_ma_02115_symphony-plaza-west-apartments-for-seniors_iau.jpg

Last edited:

Back