Flickr Finds & Social Media Pics

Both 225 Franklin and 99 High Street were visually more compelling with their signs (State Street Bank and Keystone, respectively).

Waltham Watch Time

1607384888231.png

Before the Pru complex and turnpike extension into Boston. Taken from the the top floor of the Lenox, corner of Boylston and Exeter streets, Huntington on the left. What happened here is basically what is happening in the seaport area now.

66268871_2690392704321507_6753277551117860864_o.jpg

From 1910, looks the same as it did 110 years ago

Does it?

That is the Arlington Street Church, right? For the life of me, I can't see the break in the streetwall where Arlington continues passed Boylston to the south?

Last edited:
Yes. Arlington used to stop at Boylston.

So if that is the right intersection, far from "looking the same as it did 110 years ago": pretty much nothing in that photo is still there except for the church and the fencing around the Public Garden. :(

So if that is the right intersection, far from "looking the same as it did 110 years ago": pretty much nothing in that photo is still there except for the church and the fencing around the Public Garden. :(

Correct. In addition to Arlington this shows the portal where the subway trolly is seen turning into the Public Garden.

1608253008616.jpeg

I was mostly just thinking the city in general looks the same. Moreso it reminds me of areas of Marlborough Street and Comm Ave. But you're right, when I try to isolate this spot on google maps today I can't match up anything besides the church and the park. So basically, that whole block was replaced by... this?

Back