Flickr Finds & Social Media Pics

No idea how to correctly post off 500px but go to the link below this picture for an album with a bunch of other aerial gems.

1613721660245.png

I appreciate the Boston love, but if you look at Shanghai or Melbourne just to name a couple, it gets diminished quite a bit.

Shanghai's skyline is visually stunning and SO "high tech" and bright -- reminiscent of Hong Kong in a lot of ways -- it really does make Boston look like an intentionally gloomy and dark spot. The Huangpu is so unbelivably disgusting, though (so much worse than Boston Harbor in the '60s-'80s. It looks and smells like liquified diarrhea), that I think Boston's waterfront skyline, while certainly underwhelming in comparision in terms of height and "flash," is much more pleasant.

I'd take the Analex over the Verizon any day.
I agree. It just seems that the Verizon is similar to the Analex in it's massing. Even the Verizon's square-patterned cladding mimics the Analex. I doubt if the architects were trying to pay any kind of tribute to the Analex, but there are some similarities, intentional or not.

Last edited:
Do any old photos exist of 101 Huntington getting its black cornice constructed?

No idea where I got this from (saved it to the comp 10 years ago) but you can clearly see they've started renovations.

Attachments

• Boston Aerial 2001-07-05 PruFenLongwood.jpg
    Boston Aerial 2001-07-05 PruFenLongwood.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 113

Back