Foundation Medicine (Parcel P) | 400 Summer Street | Seaport

I know its the photographic angle, but I can only think that Grigory Potemkin would be well satisfied with that facade.

52248366453_c529420ed6_b.jpg

The building technically “topped out” a month ago, but nice to now see the steel structure is finally complete.

They've been building Seaport Square for so long now that you actually can see changing trends in the buildings. 101 Seaport has a look from its time, where this building is doing something much different (and much better IMO), but the effect is still a neighborhood that looks more organic.

Last nightView attachment 27457

Today, accident on site- piece fell off the roof and nearly went thru a car roof. On wcvb and others

Construction has been shut down at the site to conduct a safety review. Boston says they issued a Stop Work Order but Suffolk says they voluntarily stopped Construction.

Suffolk is the Congress St developer too? Feels like they've had a number of issues lately.

I like both elevations, and they are both worlds better than the standard glass curtain wall, especially brick elevation. But WHY do we need both, that joint is just so weird...

I like both elevations, and they are both worlds better than the standard glass curtain wall, especially brick elevation. But WHY do we need both, that joint is just so weird...

Remember that you won't see the metal facade from a distance - it will be blocked by the building next door.

Back