Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

DZ - I bet you are already scoping out spots in your mind where to get the best shots of this project as you do with so many other projects.

I walk by this building every day. (Is it truly a building if they are still building it?) What is interesting to me at this point during its construction is the shear complexity in regards to the geometry/massing of the the podium concrete. I would guess that for $1 Billion, you don't hire amateurs, but especially on the Dalton St. side, there is some pretty interesting stuff going on.

Great photos, Beeline. Now it really looks like a building under construction, not just a few pegs and some caution tape sticking out of the ground.

Is there a webcam for this thing, like there is for Peirce Boston?

I walk by this building every day. (Is it truly a building if they are still building it?) What is interesting to me at this point during its construction is the shear complexity in regards to the geometry/massing of the the podium concrete. I would guess that for $1 Billion, you don't hire amateurs, but especially on the Dalton St. side, there is some pretty interesting stuff going on.

more deets please?

^ yeah we've seen some pretty impressive steel frames recently (esp. near north station) - excited now to see what the state of the art in concrete is these days

excited now to see what the state of the art in concrete is these days

You're going to have to look further south for state-of-the-art in concrete. I recommend watching the embedded video in the article.

Say what you want about Miami; I admire the heck out of their embrace for bold designs like this (let alone the height).

I love watching the frames go up. They're a symbol of progress.

Say what you want about Miami; I admire the heck out of their embrace for bold designs like this (let alone the height).

Miami is hideous, and one bold design in a sea of crap isn't going to change that. It's the tackiest city in the country.

^ yeah we've seen some pretty impressive steel frames recently (esp. near north station) - excited now to see what the state of the art in concrete is these days

You must have missed the entire construction of the Millennium Tower.

The older residential towers in Miami aren't so good. Resident towers are full of terraces. But then they would be, because IT'S MIAMI. Overall, Miami's towers aren't so good. But Miami's construction is INSANE. ....Not to mention, they're building VERY tall.

etc, etc, etc, etc, are under construction.

Some 90 skyscrapers and highrises are completed, under-construction or planned since the Great Recession.

The older residential towers in Miami aren't so good.

Overall, Miami's towers aren't so good. But Miami's construction is INSANE.

Not to mention, they're building VERY tall.

etc, etc, etc, etc,

Some 90 skyscrapers are completed, under-construction or planned since the Great Recession.

Jesus ('scuse the language) fucking christ.

The older residential towers in Miami aren't so good. Resident towers are full of terraces. But then they would be, because IT'S MIAMI. Overall, Miami's towers aren't so good. But Miami's construction is INSANE. ....Not to mention, they're building VERY tall.

etc, etc, etc, etc,

Some 90 skyscrapers are completed, under-construction or planned since the Great Recession.

i get the impression you enjoy tall buildings

etc, etc, etc, etc, are under construction.

Some 90 skyscrapers and highrises are completed, under-construction or planned since the Great Recession.

You realize, don't you, not everyone on this board thinks as you do. Many of us, in fact, are happy Boston does not compare to Miami, or any other city you seem enamored of. I might suggest you would be happier in one of those cities. Your continued rants regarding height, passionate as they are, are growing tiresome.

Your continued rants regarding height, passionate as they are, are growing tiresome.

I don't mind them. They add a new dynamic to the forum. Archboston wouldn't be the same without Oduiarna.

Back