Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Ah, the juxtaposition of those last couple of shots - the somewhat average 100+ year old brick walk-ups, contrasted against a world-class luxury, soon to be the 2nd tallest building in the city. Very cool.

The 1daltonconstruction.com website has been updated.

January - March 2017 Progress

During the these past three months, the concrete pours for floors 1-5 were completed. The clearway street driveway concrete was also poured. Mechanical trades started their work in the basement levels. The site endured the snow storms with minimal impact.

Some of the highlights for the next 3 months are:

- Finish pouring the concrete slabs, columns and walls for floors 6-15
- Remove reshores as needed on lower levels
- Continue installation of mechanical systems in the basement levels
- Prep and install exterior hoist
- Prep for installation of stone facade on the ground floor

Behind the scenes the project team continues to coordinate the work required to continue the rise of One Dalton into the Skyline.

Bonus from 3/26. Looks like those rumored changes to the reflecting pool are being enacted.

Anyone remember if they shit canned the plans to cut a path through the middle of the reflecting pool? I really hope that idea is dead for good.

WIYPvj4h.jpg

Man that Sheraton is ugly! And people are complaining about the Seaport architecture...

I know the plan is to make the pool shallower and dissected on the diagonal (yeah, unfortunate); does anyone have any skinny on how long this project will take?

I forgot about this part of the project.

I was hoping they would too. :(

Fuck. Me too. Way to ruin the monumentality of this monumental space. On the other hand, maybe it won't be that big a difference.

Plans for the pool have been updated somewhat. No bridge. Shallower and re-tiled- if y'all recall the apparatus that was in the pool last summer, it'll look like that. The pool will be shortened a little bit on the Mass Ave side but that's all.

Can't share much else, sorry.

Will it look drastically different from what was there before?

Ah, the juxtaposition of those last couple of shots - the somewhat average 100+ year old brick walk-ups, contrasted against a world-class luxury, soon to be the 2nd tallest building in the city. Very cool.

I'm sorry to bring this back up, but isn't it going to be shorter than the pru?

I don't know if you're serious or not but I would suggest going a few pages back to find your answer before asking this.

i don't think there's anything wrong with asking a question like this. this is a casual forum, not a test to pass the bar. sheesh.

as to your question -- best-guesses have this at ultimately reaching 755' feet, including mechanical penthouse, making it 6' taller than the Pru (not including antenna). that height is reached at based on filings with the FAA and semi-confirmed, at least anecdotally, by chats with folks working on-site.

I don't know if you're serious or not but I would suggest going a few pages back to find your answer before asking this.

Yeah, I was off the thread for awhile and apparently missed out on a little.

If it is going to be taller, that's great!

i don't think there's anything wrong with asking a question like this. this is a casual forum, not a test to pass the bar. sheesh.

as to your question -- best-guesses have this at ultimately reaching 755' feet, including mechanical penthouse, making it 6' taller than the Pru (not including antenna). that height is reached at based on filings with the FAA and semi-confirmed, at least anecdotally, by chats with folks working on-site.

Thanks!

recomposting.....

Multiple press releases have been saying the tower will be 740'. Others say,
over 740'.... could still be 756'.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1+d...e7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

Or, maybe the 16' difference is the height of the antenna's base.

Google said:
One Dalton Boston Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences Back Bay
www.campionre.com/luxury.../four-seasons-hotel-and-private-residences...
Jan 14, 2015 - Four Seasons Private Residences One Dalton Street, Boston | 1 ... At 61 stories and over 740 feet, Four Seasons Private Residences One ...

The Four Seasons' One Dalton Street Is a Tower of Power
www.bostonmagazine.com/property/article/2016/04/.../one-dalton-street/
Apr 3, 2016 - Read about One Dalton Street, the Four Seasons' new tower in Boston ... 740 feet. Height of One Dalton, the tallest residential building in New ...

Boston's tallest residential building reveals what its interiors will look like.....
http://boston.curbed.com/2016/11/1/13445898/one-dalton-interior-boston
Nov 1, 2016 - It will be 740 feet at its tallest point and include 699 feet of habitable ... One Dalton to run to 740 feet ... 1 Dalton St, Boston, MA 02115, USA.

Bldup - One Dalton
www.bldup.com/projects/one-dalton
One dalton street four seasons hotel residential condominiums luxury tower back ... One Dalton will be the tallest residential tower in New England at 740 feet and 61 .... 1 wayside road burlington nuance communications piedmont office realty ...

A look inside Four Seasons at One Dalton, set to be Boston's 3rd ...
www.bizjournals.com/.../11/a-look-inside-four-seasons-at-one-dalton-set...
Nov 1, 2016, 5:04am EDT Updated Nov 1, 2016, 2:16pm EDT ... The developers behind the 61-story, 740-foot hotel and luxury condominium tower say it will be...

could still be 740'.......

i'm leaning toward 740'

yes, i think this will be 740' + the window washing boom, 756'

i mean nothings' going taller than the Pru.......... evaar.

and the Hancock BY GOD........ people,

this is Boston.

here's the reprint (from microdots carried from the 9th Floor vaults)......

740'

yes, that rather settles it, i think......

Back