Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I'm guessing it's the place where maybe the architects and top brass sit and supervise everything.

I think that the 4th floor will be up within the next week.

pix from last week taken by my buddy working on 1dalton

33801419965_45c49ec0b3_b.jpg
[/url]Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 5.01.49 PM by https://www.flickr.com/photos/145845538@N02/, on Flickr[/IMG]

32958272984_7ac6ae4f24_b.jpg
[/url]Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 5.02.11 PM by https://www.flickr.com/photos/145845538@N02/, on Flickr[/IMG]

33801420265_856bec7d8b_b.jpg
[/url]Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 5.02.32 PM by https://www.flickr.com/photos/145845538@N02/, on Flickr[/IMG]

Chrisbrat: That first picture with the steelworker and the rebar is awsome. Overall though, they just remind me that we have some pretty grey days lately. Not the greatest to do concrete work. Tell your buddy he is doing good work.

This is entirely a guess (as I've been thinking about that too)...but to connect the dots...

We've seen in other highrise construction a lower floor being converted to a construction worker/personnel headquarters (& cafeteria) zone once 10 or so floors had been built. On Millenium Tower, for example, they set up the fourth floor (I believe) as such a facility. But until that floor was sufficiently ready, they had to do that elsewhere (not to mention, there are increasingly more and more construction workers on site as the tower progresses because you've got the arrival of various infrastructural and finishing trades showing up)...

So my guess is that One Dalton will need a larger space for personnel purposes at some point, but since its a tiny lot, they will need to wait until a lower floor is ready for that purpose.

When this thing is at 30+ stories and climbing, it just doesn't seem to make sense to have any sort of office (even if its just a foremans' office) be that high up...why tie up limited construction elevator or stairs resources for that purpose if you don't have to? Not to mention the wasted time it would take to get up/down from there.

But I understand in the mean time that they may have had no choice but to create that sort of space out of thin air due to the micro size of this lot...

I know One Dalton has an engineering & PM field office elsewhere in the Christian Science complex, but that only supports a few people...we're talking about a separate set of personnel needs once the full cohort of building trades is on site...

Those more informed correct me please...

Without digging into it my best guess is the trailers are for the concrete contractor. The trailer will be there until the building tops out as they will be there until the building tops out. There was a similar set up on 30 Dalton if I recall correctly..

Without digging into it my best guess is the trailers are for the concrete contractor. The trailer will be there until the building tops out as they will be there until the building tops out. There was a similar set up on 30 Dalton if I recall correctly..

Ah that would make sense; of all the trades, they're the ones that need continual access to the highest levels

Why did they build 30 Dalton in a separate tower instead of in the same building?

Why did they build 30 Dalton in a separate tower instead of in the same building?

Uh, because there is a public street in the way. Separate, distinct parcels of land, separated by a street. Look at Google Maps.

Last edited:

You are either trolling us or you are literally intellectually handicapped. Which one is it?

Don't bother replying, I won't see it. I'm putting you on my Ignore list with Rifleman and Odorous.

What has happened to this forum?

What has happened to this forum?[/QUOTE said:
I agree. This Forum has changed. It's only about the pictures for me now.

I'll say one thing because this site has been a constant in my life for a long time. Please forgive my derailing. I will be brief.

Does anyone remember aBlarc? Compare: Then and now? Enough said.

May I offer a seasoned thought to some of our more frequent contributors...

Reviewing your comments before you press send usually inspires better comments.

pix from last week taken by my buddy working on 1dalton

These are really awesome, especially the first pic... really nice shot of the rebar and makes it into something greater. The perspective of man dwarfed by the steel monster makes this a real winner. He should submit that somewhere, at least to the Globe.

They are! They are waiting for 1 Dalton to be completed and then they are hoisting 30 Dalton on top like they hoisted the spire on top of the Chrysler Tower. They are doing this because they are secretly building Boston's new tallest and, taking a page from their Dubai counterpart, hiding the height so that other developers won't try to build taller than 1 Dalton. They're also planning to hoist the mother church on top as well so that the entire structure doesn't have a flat roof.

I think that was the plan all along. Once that's done, supposedly Frank Lloyd Wright and Charles Bulfinch are going to collaborate on a new tallest at the site of 30 Dalton.

They are! They are waiting for 1 Dalton to be completed and then they are hoisting 30 Dalton on top like they hoisted the spire on top of the Chrysler Tower. They are doing this because they are secretly building Boston's new tallest and, taking a page from their Dubai counterpart, hiding the height so that other developers won't try to build taller than 1 Dalton. They're also planning to hoist the mother church on top as well so that the entire structure doesn't have a flat roof.

I think that was the plan all along. Once that's done, supposedly Frank Lloyd Wright and Charles Bulfinch are going to collaborate on a new tallest at the site of 30 Dalton.

LOL
:D :)

Back