Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Given the proper habitat wild cats aren't a danger to urban bird populations. Feral and outdoor domesticated cats are. That why a lot of cities & towns have programs to catch feral cats and either re-domesticate them and adopt them out or spade/neuter them and re-release (or put them down). There are also towns that try restrict 'outdoor' cats or try educational programs to try to persuade cat owners to keep them indoors.

These are reasonable solutions much like changes to glass or other measures that the Audubon Society is advocating for with new buildings.

As they should. There's no reason why people should have outdoor cats. These cats that are pets get fed at home and then go outside and hunt for fun. In the process they take away food sources from other animals who don't have the luxury of an owner feeding them and they also can decimate local populations of birds among other animals. In my neighborhood we used to have 8 cats roaming around that had homes with owners who let them outside. Then the coyotes came rolling through and killed 6 of them.

Nice DZH, I'm loving the first shot most. Thanks for sharing.

How close would you say it is getting to passing 111 Huntington? Hard to tell from the pics. 2-3 more floors?

The take away from all the birds hitting buildings to me is that the unwashed public are starting to notice this thing. Although it may anger some, hopefully, seeing a tall, slim, attractive tower will soften some people to being ok with more high rises being built.

How close would you say it is getting to passing 111 Huntington? Hard to tell from the pics. 2-3 more floors?

There are 36 floors actually poured, while the core extends about 3 floors above that.

Note that this doesn't appear to be 36/61. Instead, based on counting windows on the renders, it looks like 56 floors plus 2 additional floors of mechanical screen on top. So in that case it's 36/58, but if you add back the height for the larger podium and mechanical transition floor, you could roughly say the pour is probably 39/61. Then we aren't sure if it's 742' or 756' (or even 746' which I have seen). Going with 756' it looks like the poured floors are up to ~483', and the core is roughly 520', but might be 1 floor higher than that. So probably 3 more floors of both core and pour should be roughly 111 Huntington.

Keep in mind that in the newest pics I posted, this tower is closer to the view than 111.

Random but, for those on here who ever find themselves in MetroWest, when driving on Route 9 east, the lit up crane tower is now visible from Natick just past the top of the hill after the Mathworks campus. The tops of the Pru and Hancock (sorry, whatever Clarendon) had been the only downtown structures that were previously visible from that spot.

DZ those pics in post 2905 are amazing. That's my favorite view of the skyline and it's the first time I've seen that view with this tower visible. Thanks for taking the time and getting those for us.

Hopefully the Nor'easters haven't slowed things down too much - it has really been on a roll lately. Just started poking up over the Charles/Galleria from my view in East Cambridge.

That's pretty!! Green for St. Patty's Day! :cool:

*Paddy's

Hopefully the Nor'easters haven't slowed things down too much - it has really been on a roll lately. Just started poking up over the Charles/Galleria from my view in East Cambridge.

*Paddy's

I'm glad I don't have to see this annoying "correction" for about 350 days. We get it. Your great great grandma came over from Cork and you went to Dublin once.

I'm glad I don't have to see this annoying "correction" for about 350 days. We get it. Your great great grandma came over from Cork and you went to Dublin once.

Calm down there... One could misconstrue this as racist

Back