Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Read this passage from the article:

Says Friedman: “I’m an extraordinarily bad manager”; “I have a fair amount of fear of failure”; “I’m a bit rude”; “I say Zamboni too much.” He begins to describe his short attention span but doesn’t finish the story before he veers into another.

Friedman works 80 hours a week, traveling often. He’s building a hotel in Iceland and another in New Orleans. There’s some truth in Mamet’s joke that Friedman doesn’t read many books. He does devour newspapers and periodicals.

“I read architectural magazines like somebody would read Playboy,” Friedman said.

This guy sounds like he'd be so much fun to grab a drink with.

I'm glad I don't have to see this annoying "correction" for about 350 days. We get it. Your great great grandma came over from Cork and you went to Dublin once.

edit: decided to not respond to this stupidity :rolleyes:

But anyways - back on topic. It has a ways to go coming in on 93 from the Dot to match the level of r2d2 - probably another few floors. I was amazed on how much it has gone up since the beginning of this year, though.

Last edited:
mWf1XXOh.jpg

View from the BCEC.

Its crazy how this is Boston and its up to 36 floors and still has 25 to go lol. Its aliveeeee its aliveeee. NIIIIIIMBYS come out and Plaaaaaay.

I was amazed on how much it has gone up since the beginning of this year, though.

Seriously, it's flying. I was skeptical that they'd be able to meet the pace they'd set on their website, but I'm happy to eat crow.

People who only come in for the Fourth of July Fireworks or the Red Sox Games who are in the upper deck behind home plate are going to say what the hell is that thing and when was it built?

My sister didnt even notice it until I pointed it out to her and she lives in Dot as well and gets driven home on the pike sometimes and generally is out n about in the city. People still have no idea...but oh they will.

Its crazy how this is Boston and its up to 36 floors and still has 25 to go lol. Its aliveeeee its aliveeee. NIIIIIIMBYS come out and Plaaaaaay.

Is this a double reference to Frankenstein and The Warriors?

My sister didnt even notice it until I pointed it out to her and she lives in Dot as well and gets driven home on the pike sometimes and generally is out n about in the city. People still have no idea...but oh they will.

This weird immature gloating thing going on is... uncomfortable. Was there really even much opposition to this?

This weird immature gloating thing going on is... uncomfortable. Was there really even much opposition to this?

Yep, but everyone can hear the voices of Aunt Linda and Drunk Uncle, from some god forsaken 495 town, on their one day a year into Sodom and Gomorrah. They will make their somewhat comical 'opinions' known on the D-line, as they miss the stops for Kenmore or Fenway, while complaining about how people can possibly live in a big (lol) city.

In a city where the new usually feels like background filler, this is impossible for their dear blessed exurban souls to miss.

Yep, but everyone can hear the voices of Aunt Linda and Drunk Uncle, from some god forsaken 495 town, on their one day a year into Sodom and Gomorrah. .

Wait, so Sodom is definitely Cambridge, right?

Yep, but everyone can hear the voices of Aunt Linda and Drunk Uncle, from some god forsaken 495 town, on their one day a year into Sodom and Gomorrah. They will make their somewhat comical 'opinions' known on the D-line, as they miss the stops for Kenmore or Fenway, while complaining about how people can possibly live in a big (lol) city.

In a city where the new usually feels like background filler, this is impossible for their dear blessed exurban souls to miss.

Your aim is off. Most of the NIMBy's I've seen are Tent City Marxists and the sourpuss Bubbes at Harbor Towers.

IIRC, nobody lost their mind either when Millennium Tower was built. Pretty sure no one will for this tower either. I understand that some people here have a personal vendetta against NIMBYs but it's getting to the point where you can almost hear the sound of them jerking off to it through those post.

Back