Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Cities used to build public housing, like, a lot of it. Whatever happened to that?

Federal funding dried up, and, I think we all kind of agreed as a society that public housing projects turned out to be a bad idea/concept and that concentrating poverty into singular large complexes doesn't work vs spreading it into mixed income areas.

Glass has moved up onto the next level! Looks nice- too far away to get a decent picture, but I'll try to get closer tomorrow.

It may have been the afternoon sun angle, but the metal insets were very bright. It will certainly draw attention.

Glass has moved up onto the next level! Looks nice- too far away to get a decent picture, but I'll try to get closer tomorrow.

It may have been the afternoon sun angle, but the metal insets were very bright. It will certainly draw attention.

It's about time!!! Unfortunately I was too far out to see it.

From Arlington tonight 3/26

IMG_1718 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_1723 by David Z, on Flickr

I thinkkkkk I saw the next level of the facade being installed last night but it was dark and hard to tell (if you stand next to Flour and look up.)

Ridges here we come.

Couldn't they add just 60 feet to this building and make it the tallest in Boston?

C3856A73-9B87-46AD-BB68-CB1C03E5F454_zpsncyhrscq.jpeg

This would be a cool angle to see an update.

^ Amazingly, if you walk down that street you get to see it as much as you want

Is anyone nervous about the "ridges/stripes"? That grey doesn't look great.

I'm not sure if cloudy weather really sells them. I liked what I saw at sunset on Monday.

We're also making a judgement off of less than one floor of facade- I was at the site yesterday and they're hard to see because they make up so little of the facade at this time (and are at least 300' off the ground on top of that)

But, like all things, time will tell.

Is anyone nervous about the "ridges/stripes"? That grey doesn't look great.

Not yet. Wait until it's at least 3-4 floors and then see how it looks under a range of different lighting conditions.

From 3/27 Click into any pic to view it larger.

IMG_1750 by David Z, on Flickr

I have taken DZH22's pic and added an eyeball approximation of how high this will go.

There are 38 floors of residential using the ridged glass. The lines I've added outline these floors to give you a sense of how much we have left.

WqeQIfdh.png

EDIT:

superimposed render
vXvevHbh.png

Last edited:
Nice work! Thanks!

I have taken DZH22's pic and added an eyeball approximation of how high this will go.

There are 38 floors of residential using the ridged glass. The lines I've added outline these floors to give you a sense of how much we have left.

WqeQIfdh.png

EDIT:

superimposed render
vXvevHbh.png

Back