Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Was at Equinox Seaport this morning. You can see the crane arm from there as you look toward the South Station side of financial district!

curious: have we come to the conclusion that the possible height of 755" (per FAA fillings) is not going to happen?

i don't particularly care. not a height fetishest (although i'd be interested to see something take the "tallest" mantle from the JHT which was built when i was born), but there seemed to be some semi-convincing "evidence" that this thing would, at the end of the day, top out taller than the pru.

curious: have we come to the conclusion that the possible height of 755" (per FAA fillings) is not going to happen?

i don't particularly care. not a height fetishest (although i'd be interested to see something take the "tallest" mantle from the JHT which was built when i was born), but there seemed to be some semi-convincing "evidence" that this thing would, at the end of the day, top out taller than the pru.

The only conclusive evidence is that it will be between 742'-756'. Those 14 feet remain a mystery.

Also curious what that 100-150 ft spire/antenna on top turns out looking like. Haven't seen it in renders before. I wonder if it'll be similar to the one on MT, just bigger.

How tall are the short antennas on the Hancock? Id guess around 50ft and you really dont notice them at all. Hopefully its either non noticeable or looks good and not wonky and like off to one side or idk somethin weird. If its in the center itll probably be invisible from the ground in many places.

I honestly hope this is shorter than the Pru, not a lot though. The skyline needs to slope downward from the pru and since it has the spire its essentially the back end of the high spine and I think the slope starting there is good.

Could look really cool if we got three equal sized antennas that were placed at each of the corners. I'm sure that won't happen but it would add a cool crowning effect.

Is anyone nervous about the "ridges/stripes"? That grey doesn't look great.

Heres a quick attempt to edit it n see. I could go all the way to the roof, but we have renders. Heres the actual glass for the most part copied and pasted. Its darker than I thought which is good because the Hancock, 111 Huntington, 888 Boylston, etc... give us plenty of the light blue glass. This is much darker and much needed imo.

Credit to DZH22

Check the difference from the render, which is good imo.

superimposed render
vXvevHbh.png

Also curious what that 100-150 ft spire/antenna on top turns out looking like. Haven't seen it in renders before. I wonder if it'll be similar to the one on MT, just bigger.

That's because I don't think it's a thing. They may be permitted for it by the FAA though. It could also just be the height of the crane boom during construction that is accounted for.

phenomenal pix. thanks much beeline.

the ridges look amazing. this thing is going to wind up as possibly the finest skyscraper in town. i do love certain angles of JHT, but the "fat" views are nasty. this one is going to be flawless -- the only downside being that the fugly sheraton mess will cut off so much of it from across the river.

...it's been said before, but this is the slowest moving, actively in-progress development i've ever witnessed.

Globe: "The project has been underway for 2½ years, but until now most of the construction work had been quiet... unnoticed beyond neighboring blocks, as crews dug 165 feet into the ground for the tower’s foundation."

The townsfolk had a very long time to see this rising, w/ most unconsciously expecting it to stop after reaching Sheraton height.

"Now they’re heading up, and fast. Soon the whole city will see it."

....I remember hearing about Millennium Tower from random people who don't follow architecture once it started becoming noticeable on the skyline. I'd imagine this will follow suit, but then it will keep going, and going....

What number on the scale are we at now? :)

The public is going to be like:
1. Oh, a new building going up.
2. Hmm, new building still getting taller.
3. Wow, that's really getting up there.
4. Jesus, that thing is tall!
5. OMG IT'S STILL GETTING TALLER.
6. WTF, HOW TALL IS THIS THING GOING? WHO GAVE THE OK ON THIS??
7. HOLY SHIT, IT'S AS TALL AS THE PRU!

40396184414_919567c5b1_z.jpg

Looks like the core has reached the top of 111's crown.

from late last week :D.....

39297688720_cd591e535d_z.jpg

40396221864_1c0be5601f_z.jpg

Incredible shots Beeline!

Downloaded the large image and zoomed in on the construction team. Really reveals the massive scale!

Look at the scale of the workers vs. the floor heights. They look like they'll be some nice high ceilings there, even after considering the eventual pipework, etc. I want one!

Since buildings like this don't pop up everywhere like they do in NYC, I think this will be THE address to have in Boston for a while.

Back