Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

chrisbrat

Reaction score
from nearly every angle, dalton looks taller than the pru to me -- and i've lurked around that area a lot and viewed from the south, west, north, and harbor quite a bit. between anecdotal observation and the official FAA height filings prior to construction (and plenty of other CLEARLY false "official heights" of highrises in boston) i'm absolutely not sold that this thing isn't a tiny bit taller than the pru. i get that it doesn't matter, but just sayin.

HelloBostonHi

Reaction score
from nearly every angle, dalton looks taller than the pru to me -- and i've lurked around that area a lot and viewed from the south, west, north, and harbor quite a bit. between anecdotal observation and the official FAA height filings prior to construction (and plenty of other CLEARLY false "official heights" of highrises in boston) i'm absolutely not sold that this thing isn't a tiny bit taller than the pru. i get that it doesn't matter, but just sayin.
I've shared these photos before but any opportunity I get to why not, I went to the top occupiable floor during construction and it feels right on level with the top floor of Prudential. One Dalton has a larger section of mechanical above it's top floor than Prudential does though.

20181204_155655.jpg
20181204_160050.jpg

DZH22

Reaction score
^^^My million dollar question about the Pru's height is related to that black mech box under the antenna. Is that counted as part of the 750', or isn't it? If not, I believe it should be, based on the rules for "official heights" of buildings. I feel like 1 Dalton goes above that gray part, but ends up just below the top of that mech box.

HelloBostonHi

Reaction score
20201127_141915.jpg

Sidewalks done. Maybe its the civil engineer in me but I'm not a fan of the pink tinted sidewalks. Also this entrance is still just a concrete wall, what entrance is this supposed to be? Also the incorrectly mounted one-way sign really just... yeah

RandomWalk

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the deed from the Christian Science Church prohibits alcohol sales on the ground floor. That makes restaurants a hard sell.

JumboBuc

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the deed from the Christian Science Church prohibits alcohol sales on the ground floor. That makes restaurants a hard sell.
There is a restaurant here.

Also, alcohol can be sold on the ground floor, it just has to be sold in the context of normal hotel restaurant operations. Alcohol can be sold with a meal or at an event or to be sent up to a room, it just can't be displayed or advertised on the street or packaged to go.

From the BBJ:
Stores that sell, manufacture or display alcohol will be prohibited, but alcohol can be served as part of restaurant operations or in the hotel — "specifically including room service, so-called in-room mini-bars, and events in hotel ballrooms or meeting rooms" provided that food is also served and that alcohol is only consumed on-site, the deed states.