Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

20201127_141915.jpg

Sidewalks done. Maybe its the civil engineer in me but I'm not a fan of the pink tinted sidewalks. Also this entrance is still just a concrete wall, what entrance is this supposed to be? Also the incorrectly mounted one-way sign really just... yeah

Keep in mind that the deed from the Christian Science Church prohibits alcohol sales on the ground floor. That makes restaurants a hard sell.

Keep in mind that the deed from the Christian Science Church prohibits alcohol sales on the ground floor. That makes restaurants a hard sell.
There is a restaurant here.

Also, alcohol can be sold on the ground floor, it just has to be sold in the context of normal hotel restaurant operations. Alcohol can be sold with a meal or at an event or to be sent up to a room, it just can't be displayed or advertised on the street or packaged to go.

From the BBJ:
Stores that sell, manufacture or display alcohol will be prohibited, but alcohol can be served as part of restaurant operations or in the hotel — "specifically including room service, so-called in-room mini-bars, and events in hotel ballrooms or meeting rooms" provided that food is also served and that alcohol is only consumed on-site, the deed states.

Shouldn't the John Hancock sign be on top of the JHT? You'd think that'd be where they would put it. :)

I'm not necessarily for or against logos on buildings, but a lit Four Season's tree logo on the top mech floors would've been nice here. Too bad that got shelved.

This building is completed no? Mods can we move this to the Boston's Built Environment forum?

Back