Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I read curbed boston and its made me loathe the phrase "game changer"

Whoever writes that blog needs to lay off "game changer," "game change-ey," and "tis." Can we all pitch in for a thesaurus for Christmas?

Whoever writes that blog needs to lay off "game changer," "game change-ey," and "tis." Can we all pitch in for a thesaurus for Christmas?

Suggest "Match - Maker" or perhaps "Match - Breaker" -- a bit of the ol FC lingo for a Game Change

I read curbed boston and its made me loathe the phrase "game changer"

curbed boston uses the most irritating language of any site, blog or news source ive ever seen. it recycles a few trite turns of phrase over and over and over... "game change-y"; they always say, " 'tis " instead of "it is"; and always say "busy, busy, busy" for x neighborhood. A few other annoying things i cant think of now. i finally just stopped reading it.

curbed boston uses the most irritating language of any site, blog or news source ive ever seen. it recycles a few trite turns of phrase over and over and over... "game change-y"; they always say, " 'tis " instead of "it is"; and always say "busy, busy, busy" for x neighborhood. A few other annoying things i cant think of now. i finally just stopped reading it.

Same. I was really excited when they announced a curbed Boston, because the NY one was really good at the time, but I no longer read either now.

GLUT GLUT GLUT

Somerville is DOOMED to become a more desirable place to live.

Are a couple that stick out that have pissed me off. The sensationalism is very aggravating, I feel like I'm reading Fox News for development. I still visit though because it's good for updates.

GLUT GLUT GLUT

Somerville is DOOMED to become a more desirable place to live.

Are a couple that stick out that have pissed me off. The sensationalism is very aggravating, I feel like I'm reading Fox News for development. I still visit though because it's good for updates.

Sounds like the ArchBos has been Gruberized -- I guess it could be worse -- might have been Edelmanized

I never realized just how small the lot is for the tower. Is it only taking that triangle plot of grass? this one is going to be skinny.

Here's a different angle.

dWlWJLJ.jpg

I am so happy to see this tower coming up, but that animated GIF just made me sad. They were nice trees.

GREAT! so excited for this excellent project. Please keep up up to date on anything else you see down there. I expect groundbreaking is going to be quite soon right? Any insight from anyone on this?

From Bisnow today:
Boston’s transformation from a small provincial city to a huge world-class market has captivated world attention. Look at the speed with which Citibank just raised about $200M of equity from high net worth individuals in 39 countries for One Dalton, the $700M mixed-use project in Back Bay being developed by Carpenter & Co, says its president Richard Friedman. He thought he’d have to spend a month raising money but the bank raised it in 24 hours and turned away many investors.
Now you know why the trees are coming down.

Ugh, they should have moved those beautiful mature trees. I'm frustrated but I'm not in the least surprised.

In their defense, tree transplants are often a wasted effort.

From Bisnow today:

Now you know why the trees are coming down.

DW: -- to paraphrase a character in a Miracle Grow commercial

BbbbbbbooooOOOOM

If we've seen cranes in the past 3 years we aint seen Nuttin Yet!!

If it's any consolation (I hate seeing trees cut down too) they were very old Linden trees, possibly original to the landscaping before the center was built (see old pics of the large garden/lawn area along Huntington) and had been pruned for years to keep their shape. They probably had outlasted their useful lifetime.

If it's any consolation (I hate seeing trees cut down too) they were very old Linden trees, possibly original to the landscaping before the center was built (see old pics of the large garden/lawn area along Huntington) and had been pruned for years to keep their shape. They probably had outlasted their useful lifetime.

Padre: -- I doubt that they are much over 40 years old -- not that much girth

Linden trees, like swamp maples can easily grow to that size in 40 years or even less:

I had a quite large swamp maple [1+ foot caliper and 50' tall] in my front yard when I moved-in to my current house in Lexington circa 1988

One day in the 90's I had a visitor -- a former owner [2nd owner] -- he told me how he personally hauled the tree as a sapling from his sister's place in NH when he moved in the early 1960's.

In their defense, tree transplants are often a wasted effort.

Unfortunately have to absolutely agree. Too often, developers score major points for "saving trees" like these ones only to have the trees suffer tremendous shock and die a couple years later. Does the city have any rules regarding planting a number of trees for every tree cut down? Or a fine or fee to pay into some kind of tree-planting fund?

Back